Thank you for joining our Through the Looking Glass Gala!
Child Advocates of Fort Bend is a non-profit agency dedicated to ending the cycle of abuse by strengthening the child's voice, healing the hurt, and breaking the cycle of abuse and neglect for children and families in Fort Bend and surrounding counties. Through two nationally affiliated programs Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) and Children's Advocacy Center (CAC) we help more than 400 children each month and have served more than 20,500 children since opening our doors in 1991.
How do we do this?
CASA: We are assigned by the courts as the "Guardian ad Litem" for children in foster care who have been removed from their homes due to physical abuse or neglect. We assign a CASA Volunteer Advocate to every child to advocate for their "best interests", their safety and well-being. Because of strong community support, 100% of children in foster care have a CASA Volunteer Advocate compared to only half the children in the state of Texas.
CAC: We provide a safe place for children to tell their stories of sexual abuse, receive therapy, a medical exam so they can heal and family advocacy and case management to support them during the process. In addition to our licensed and highly-trained staff we incorporate a multi-disciplinary team approach that includes law enforcement, CPS and the District Attorney's Office to ensure that child victims recover and justice is served.
Community Engagement: We launched our Prevention Services three years ago and have educated tens of thousands of children and parents about child abuse awareness, signs and symptoms, reporting and safety messaging to avoid abuse.
Why is your support so critical now?
- COVID-19 has shown us that now more than ever, the children we serve are most vulnerable.
- We are experiencing a surge in reports of child abuse and an increase in "emergency calls" due to children being isolated and away from school for extended periods.
- We have been forced to put children on a wait list for therapy, forcing them to delay their healing for months.
- The past year has increased the demand for our services and we have been forced to hire more staff and train more volunteers so that children don't "fall through the cracks."
- Our services for children and families has increased by 300% in the last 9 years.
Without your support and funding these children will not get the life-saving, transformational help they desperately need. Please make a difference in the life of a child!
Chief Executive Officer