The Noble Maritime Collection's annual art auction is a Staten Island tradition. Year in and year out, work in the auction, all of which is donated by artists and art collectors, comprises an exceptional array of artistic mastery. 100% of the proceeds benefit the museum's operations, including its presentation of art and history exhibitions and education programs for students of all ages and abilities.
We are sensitive to the fact that these are uncertain times. The museum exists to serve the community, and this year, more than ever, we need your support. For the first time in over three decades, we will not host the auction in the museum, but rather virtually, which has the added benefit of being accessible to anyone around the world. We are excited to try this new way of holding a fundraiser, and below is everything you need to know.
1. First, register! If you haven't done so, the link is above. It's quick and easy to do.
2. Next, check out the catalogue. You can bid from anywhere in the world using a computer or mobile device.
3. You can leave bids now through the night of the event by selecting "auto bid" on the individual art pages. The system will bid for you up to a maximum that you set. This is useful if you cannot join us to bid on the night of the event.
4. Bid live on Saturday, November 14 starting at 7 PM EST. Watch as auctioneer Scott Van Campen conducts the sale livestreamed from the museum.
If you win art:
1. First, congratulations and thank you! You now own something beautiful and you helped the museum.
2. Payment is automatic. The system will charge the card you put on file at the end of the event..
3. Pick up will be at the museum from Monday, November 16 to Friday, November 20 from 10 AM to 5 PM, or Saturday, November 21 and Sunday, November 22 from 12 to 5 PM.
4. Shipping is available through our partner, Postal Connections. You can get a quote before you bid and arrange for shipping by contacting them at (718) 980-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can view their website at www.postalconnections210.com.
If you don't win art:
1. We're sorry! It's a tough one when you lose something you really wanted. Reach out to us at email@example.com and maybe we can put you in touch with the artist.
2. Please consider making a donation. Check out the donation page below. Any amount would be appreciated.
Host a party in your house:
1. Catering by Framboise has been the museum's caterer for decades, and their cuisine and service is second to none. If you live in the New York area, they are offering a special menu for private auction parties for a minimum of eight people on the night of the event, Saturday, November 14, delivered to your home, ready to serve!
2. Proceeds will benefit the Noble Maritime Collection.
3. Call Donna or Frank at (718) 448-4252 by November 9.