Can you believe Empty Bowl is this Sunday?
We want to share with you as much information as possible to make certain you feel comfortable when you arrive on Sunday. You may stop by anytime between 11:00am and 1:00pm. All event volunteers will be wearing facial masks and gloves and we ask that you wear a facial mask when engaging with the volunteers.
1st - The event is a drive thru event. With that said you will stay in your car and drive along the highlighted route shown on the graphic below. Their will be Family Promise banners and board members guiding you along the route. You will pull into the alley on Niagara Street, near UMe Credit Union, and swing around into the UMe parking lot as indicated on the map.
2nd - When you enter the parking lot a volunteer will ask your name and it should match the name you provided when you purchased your tickets or spoke to our representative over the phone. You may email Bailee@FamilyPromiseVerdugos.org to make certain your name is properly listed.
3rd - Once your name is confirmed our volunteers will provide you with a pre-packaged bowl of soup, courtesy of our friends at Metropolitan Culinary Services. You can choose from Guy Fieri's Dragon's Breath Chili & Guy's Tortilla Soup. At that time you will also receive a goodie bag that includes many items from our partners including our Family Promise10 Year Anniversary Commemorative wooden spoon.
4th - As a special touch each attendee will choose a certificate from one of our partnering restaurants. With limits on the number of certificates each restaurant provided, these will be distributed on a first come first serve basis. You can choose from:
* a meal from Chick Fil A Burbank,
* $10 gift card to The New Deal,
* $10 gift card to Grain Lab Burbank,
* a 1 item combo meal from Tequilas Cantina & Grill,
* one Blooming Onion from Outback Steakhouse Burbank,
* one bowl of soup from Coral Café,
* one bread pudding from the new Morrison's Pub,
* $12.00 gift card to Mario's Italian Deli,
* gift card to Romancing the Bean,
* a certificate to Whole Foods Burbank for any "ready made food" at the prepared foods section.