Help Bookmarks, a literary arts nonprofit based in Winston-Salem, NC that inspires a love of reading by connecting readers with authors and books, raise $50,000! The two-week celebration will feature multiple virtual author events and book clubs for a variety of ages in conjunction with the fundraiser, which will include a Challenge Matching grant, a "Date-with-a-Book" Raffle, and over 75 silent auction items. There is no charge to register.
The Bookmarks Classified "Date-with-a-Book" Raffle will allow participants to choose among 20 titles for a hardcover new book by reading the ad. The classifieds will have an intriguing description of the mystery book for "date night," and each raffle ticket purchased for $40 will allow the participant their chosen book and one entry for 20 prizes. New classifieds will be added regularly over the two-week period with a grand reveal of all book titles on Friday, September 25.
The raffle, auction, and bidding will end on Saturday, September 26 at 11 a.m. The raffle winners will be announced at noon on Facebook with item pickups beginning at 1 p.m. from Bookmarks.
During these two weeks, Bookmarks will host many reading and writing events online to further celebrate its mission. Events include:
- Thursday, September 10 - Yaa Gyasi, author of Transcendent Kingdom, in conversation with Bryan Washington
- Monday, September 14 - Fredrik Backman, author of Anxious People, in conversation with Mary Laura Philpott
- Tuesday, September 15 - Dara Kurtz, author of I am My Mother's Daughter
- Sunday, September 20 - LGBTQ Book Club discussing God in Pink by Hasan Namir
- Monday, September 21 - Middle Grade Book Club discussing Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia
- Tuesday, September 22 - Charlie Lovett, author of Escaping Dreamland
- Thursday, September 24 - Romance Book Club discussing You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria
- Friday, September 25 - Natalie Zina Walschots, author of Hench, in conversation with Becky Chambers
Visit our calendar for complete details and to register for these - and many other - events.
THANK YOU for your support!!