April 30, 2020 - Due to the state's COVID19 health/safety guidelines, this event has been cancelled. Check back later this spring/summer for other celebrations of local food at farmfreshri.org!
Enjoy the flavors of the Northeast at Local Food Fest 2020!
Join us for an evening celebrating local farmers, fisherfolk, and food artisans featuring dozens of local growers and producers paired with renowned chefs from some of the top restaurants around. Meet these local heroes and enjoy local wine, beer, signature cocktails, live music, and the beautiful water-view setting of Castle Hill - all while benefiting the programs of Farm Fresh Rhode Island through your ticket purchase, silent auction, and raffles.
Tuesday, August 18
Castle Hill Inn
590 Ocean Drive
Advance tickets required, they are not sold at the door. Local Food Fest is open to the public, but tickets are limited. The event regularly sells out, so purchase your tickets early! All ticket sales are online, and tickets are paperless; your name will be on the guest list. Children under 12 are free. This event is rain or shine!
Restaurant & Farm Pairings
We are working on a mouth-watering lineup for this year's event. In the meantime, take a look at all these dream teams of local restaurants and farms from Local Food Fest 2019:
- Avenue N + Arcadian Fields Organic Farm
- Brix Restaurant + Schartner Farms
- Bayberry Beer Hall + Big Train Farm + Narragansett Creamery
- Bywater + American Mussel Harvesters
- Castle Hill Inn + Blackbird Farm + Mi Tierra Tortillas
- Durk's BBQ + Baffoni's Poultry Farm
- Easy Entertaining + Hocus Pocus Farm + Wright's Dairy Farm
- Eli's Kitchen + Langwater Farm + RI Mushroom Co.
- Gracie's + Confreda Greenhouses & Farms + Pat's Pastured
- The Grange + DaSilva Farm + Kitchen Garden Farm
- The Mooring + Four Town Farm
- New Rivers + Foley Fish + Ocean State Shellfish Cooperative
- Oberlin/birch + Gnarly Vines Farm + Ward's Berry Farm
- Rasoi + Heiwa Tofu + Queen's Greens Farm
- Roger Williams University + Heiwa Tofu + Horse Listeners Orchard
- Seven Stars Bakery + Steere Orchard
- TROOP + Allen Farms + Sweet & Salty Farm
We are working on a mouth-watering lineup for this year's event. In the meantime, take a look at the local brewers, vintners, roasters, farmers, and producers who donated their delicious products for us to drink at Local Food Fest 2019:
- Beer'd Brewing Co.
- Bootblack Brand
- Carolyn's Sakonnet Vineyard
- Foolproof Brewing Company
- Granny Squibb's Organic Iced Tea
- Greenvale Vineyards
- Jonathan Edwards Winery
- Lone Pine Brewing Company
- Narragansett Beer
- New Harvest Coffee Roasters
- Newport Craft Brewing & Distilling Co. (formerly Newport Storm)
- Newport Vineyards
- Osamequin Farm
- Proclamation Ale Company
- Revival Brewing Company
- Sanctuary Herbs of Providence
- Shaidzon Beer Company
- Sons of Liberty
- Taproot Brewing Company
- Wright's Dairy Farm
- Yacht Club Soda
A Fundraiser for Farm Fresh Rhode Island
This event is a fundraiser. All proceeds will support Farm Fresh Rhode Island. As a 501c3 nonprofit, Farm Fresh RI will put the proceeds of your ticket purchase right to work for our local food system.
- Our Community Access programs and Food System Enterprise services offer Rhode Islanders greater opportunity to choose nutritious, locally grown foods.
- Through community events, Farm to School programming, recipe development and local food tastings, we educate the community about the important role fresh food plays in a healthy lifestyle.
- The most cost-effective way to preserve our region's farmland is to keep farmers farming. Our marketplaces and wholesale services for local growers and food makers work to do just that.
- By stimulating connections between farmers and eaters, we are also helping the local economy thrive, creating new jobs and opportunities in the food and agriculture sectors.