Epic Education-Mountaineer Montessori 2019 Annual Appeal
The Mountaineer Montessori out-of-the-box, out-of-the-classroom approach to education empowers potential and creates an inspired future for our students, community and world.
Founded in 1976, MMS is West Virginia's original and largest Montessori school, offering a world-class educational experience to 142 students ages 3-14 in the heart of Appalachia.
The Epic Education campaign will:
- Fund an activity bus and facilities growth/improvements
- Benefit teacher appreciation and training funds
- Increase community access through financial aid-nearly $50,000/year!
Our goal is $25,000. We plan for 100 percent participation to meet that goal... every gift counts!
At MMS, potential is empowered and the future is inspired. With your help, the sky's the limit!
We welcome item donations!Donate an Item Now
What if there were no limits to what you could learn?
That's what every day is like at Mountaineer Montessori!
Our out-of-the-box, out-of-the-classroom approach to education empowers the potential in each child and creates an inspired future for our students, community and world.
"Epic Education," the 2019 MMS Annual Appeal, will provide critical funding to help us meet the growing demand for superior academic options in our community and sustain our 43-year tradition of excellence and innovation in education.
Your gift will help us:
- Fund an MMS "community as classroom" activity bus and continued enhancement of facilities, classroom materials, technology and other equipment.
- Benefit our teacher appreciation and training funds and support ongoing curriculum alignment through the AMS Pathways to Continuous School Improvement process.
- Continue to increase community access to our school through financial aid.
The goal of this year's campaign is $25,000. We plan for 100 percent school participation to meet that goal... every gift of every size matters and makes a difference!
Thanks to your generous contributions to 2018 fundraising, MMS:
- Implemented several major upgrades to our facilities (including build out of offices on the first floor, new flooring and furniture on the second floor and kitchen/technology upgrades at the Middle School) and added refreshed materials in all levels...Primary through Middle School.
- Sponsored out of state Montessori training for two teachers, Positive Discipline training for all staff, contributed to the staff retirement plan, and worked with national consultants to guide our curriculum alignment initiatives.
- Provided nearly $50,000 in tuition support and financial assistance to families in our community.
At MMS, potential is empowered and the future is inspired. With your support, we can continue to elevate education and our community in the year ahead. Please give now.
With your help, there's no limit to what we can do!
As part of our campaign, MMS students, families, teachers and alumni are sharing their Montessori stories to highlight what the epic MMS education experience means to them:
The Fiorelli Family
"We find the idea that our children are learning to be leaders and listeners as the navigate new challenges at MMS to be epic. Success in relationships and careers is based on the ability to listen and lead with grace, compassion and strength. Our children are learning these skills each day."
Abbey Fiorelli, former Montessori student, with AJ Fiorelli and Dylan, Noelle and Emmy
"At Mountaineer Montessori, they don't put it on a screen, They help you understand it. What's epic to me is learning by doing and the field studies. We get to see that the real world says about something, not just what a book says." Angel Lillard, MMS eighth year student
The Head Family
"Since beginning at MMS at age 3, our son has remained genuinely excited to attend school everyday day. We are grateful a strong foundation and early love of learning have been established. He is respected and valued, which has directly impacted his confidence and self-esteem. His growth is fostered in all areas -- social, notionally, intellectually." Carolyn Head with Lucas Head and Eloise and Arthur (Primary)
"At MMS my children learned about community and what it meant to be a friend. They gained confidence to stand up for themselves and for what is right. I hope today's students realize that MMS is a very special place. They can be themselves, study in-depth in areas that interest them, learn to be leaders, learn to listen, and learn to work cooperatively. I hope their passion, joy, and love of learning continue to grow." Beth George, MMS Assistant Director and parent of three alumni
At MMS, potential is empowered and the future is inspired. With your support, we can continue to elevate education and our community in the year ahead.