ABOUT THE HARMONY PLAYGROUND PROJECT
The Harmony Playground by Caterpillar at East Clayton Community Park will be a state-of-the-art, one of a kind inclusion play entity that will:
- Enable children of ALL abilities to play together and develop the wide range of skills needed to be successful in the world; big muscle play, manipulative play, pretend play, creative arts play, sensory play, and quiet play.
- Provide all children and their families with a sensory-full, safe play facility and an inclusive environment to connect.
- Educate all on various disabilities, injuries and chronic illnesses that may challenge others and give support on how to positively interact with them through inclusion play.
- Showcase a Universal Design (verses only Accessible Design) in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act in regard to play equipment, ground coverings and access methods and is adequately inclusive for furthering cognitive, emotional, physical, visual, auditory, and other sensory skill sets to enhance the development and growth for children of all abilities.
- Serve as a destination location for surrounding counties and visitors as well as an attraction for relocating families and will be a resource for economic progression in the community.
This playground is sponsored by the Clayton Community Recreation Foundation which is a 501-3 (C) organization. All tickets sales, donations and auction item purchases are tax deductible in accordance with Federal Law.
You can learn more about this project and become an ambassador by visiting www.harmonyplayground.org.