No bids or purchases accepted at this time.
7-Nights at Misool Private Island Resort with Celebrity Chefs
FMV Priceless/Avg Reserve $56,000
Explore the world's richest reefs in Raja Ampat, Indonesia. 14 guests will spend May 2 -9, 2021 on a private island resort & enjoy the stunning results of Misool's conservation work in a series of 5 guided snorkels. Guests stay in the South Beach Villas, 7 rustically luxurious villas tucked under coconut trees & overlooking a powder white beach & turquoise lagoon. The South Beach includes a private lounge for group use. Guests will be treated to meals prepared by culinary superstars Traci Des Jardins & Mary Sue Milliken. Tracy is a two-time James Beard Award winner. Mary Sue is one of the leaders of LA's restaurant revolution. These chefs will take over Misool's kitchen to fuse their expertise & knowledge with Indonesia's exotic ingredients & local cooking techniques to craft an unparalleled culinary adventure.
Reserve price goes to Misool Resort & all bids above the reserve will support WildAid & Misool Foundation's critical work protecting the world's richest reefs.
- Only good for May 2 -9, 2021. No date changes permitted
- Accommodations for 14 guests (double occupancy), with Balinese-style open air bathrooms & air conditioning
- Must arrive to Jakarta by the evening of May 1, 2021 (excludes airfare to Jakarta) & fly from Jakarta to Sorong after midnight on May 2, 2021. Excludes round trip flight between Jakarta & Sorong (approximately $600 economy /person)
- Includes speedboat transfer to/from Sorong & overnight stay in Sorong on May 9, 2021 (room & breakfast only).
- Other exclusions:
- Raja Ampat entry permit fee (approx. $70/person)
- Diving (additional $170/per person for a 5-dive package instead of snorkeling).
- Misool Resort does not rent wetsuits. Other equipment rental is an additional charge & subject to availability
- Internet (approx. $70/person), spa, gratuities & personal expenses
- Alcohol, wine & beer available for purchase. Guests can purchase up to 1 liter of alcohol duty free & bring to the island
- Incidentals paid with credit card subject to a 2% fee
- Not transferable for cash & may not be resold.
Click here to learn more about Misool
Built on the site of a former shark finning camp in Raja Ampat, Misool is a private island resort surrounded by the richest reefs on earth. The resort lies at the center of the 300,000 acre Misool Marine Reseve. Inside this area, fishing has been banned since 2005. The reserve has seen a 250% increase in biomass in a 6 year period & is patrolled by the resort's charity arm Misool Foundation, a proud partner of WildAid. Scientist, Dr. Mark Erdmann, raves, "There is greater biodiversity -that is to say, a larger number & greater diversity of fish, coral, and molluscs -on these reefs than anywhere on earth." Thanks to Misool's conservation work, this is "one of only a handful of places in the universe where biodiversity is improving rather than declining."
Generously Donated by Misool Resort