Auction Sponsored By
Proceeds from the PUSH dinner fund Craig's unique culture of care, programs like Therapeutic Recreation, Adaptive Technology, Music Therapy, and education and tutoring programs - which are generally not covered by insurance. PUSH funds also support research, including ongoing studies and clinical trials.
The PUSH paddle auction raises funds for the Craig Foundation's Patient Assistance Fund, which helps patients with minimal income or inadequate insurance travel to and from Craig, purchase equipment like wheelchairs and shower chairs, remodel homes for accessibility, train caregivers, pay mortgages and rent, and meet other urgent needs.
YOUR DONATIONS AT WORK
Because of your support at PUSH, Craig patients have access to unique programs that are generally not covered by insurance and rely on donor support.
Here's how far your money can go:
- $250: 3 hours of music therapy; scholarships for patients to participate in a Therapeutic Recreation outing.
- $500: assistive technology to equip patients to communicate and achieve work/school goals; four three-month scholarships to Craig's PEAK Center.
- $1,000: lodging in Craig's Patient & Family Housing Apartments; adaptive driving evaluation for one patient.
- $2,500: materials for home modifications to add a ramp or remodel a bathroom; a college scholarship for a Craig alumnus pursuing postsecondary plans following an injury.
- $5,000: one week of tele-nursing expertise provided by Craig's Nurse Advice Line to serve more than 50 people with SCI and TBI.
RAISE YOUR PADDLE FOR PATIENTS
For many Craig patients, catastrophic brain and spinal cord injuries are financially devastating. Expenses associated with the injuries can push families underwater financially.
The general Patient Assistance Funds provide a safety net for patients and families whose financial means (including insurance) are inadequate to meet the financial burdens associated with an injury.
$1,042,226 was distributed from the Patient Assistance Funds in 2017. A majority of those funds came from generous PUSH Paddle Auction donors like you.
- 34% Medical equipment
- 19% Transportation
- 10% Air ambulance
- 10% Interpretive services
- 8% Scholarships
- 6% Home and car modifications
- 5% Mortgage and rent assistance
- 3% Dental or medical assistance
- 2% Outpatient services
- 1% Emergency assistance
- 1% Caregiver training
2018 PUSH CO-CHAIRS
Kent Thiry, chairman and CEO of DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc. and Denise O'Leary, a private venture capital investor and corporate director.
PUSH TABLE SALES COMMITTEE
Peter Burg, Jake Burg, Steve Elken, Colleen Faddick, Amy Farnan, Mary Feller, Mike Fordyce, Nan Hinton, Mark Honnen, Don Kortz, Dan Morrison, Jim Roddy, Jim Schmidt, Al Troppmann, and Alan Weintraub, M.D.
Maureen Brothers, Claire Cahow, Erica Castelo, Laurie Fenske, Mark Glaser, Candice Kiesow, and Shantelle Rockman.