Since 1988, Rape Response has served as a system of support, advocacy, and education, providing services to the community & survivors of sexual assault (ages 13 & older) while safeguarding the dignity of each person served. Our primary service area includes Dawson, Forsyth, Habersham, Hall, Lumpkin & White Counties in Georgia.
24 Hour Crisis Line
Our trained advocates are ready to listen and provide assistance. Call our crisis line at (770) 503-7273 for help & support.
Counseling & Support Groups
Counseling & support groups are available for survivors of sexual assault.
Trained volunteer & staff advocates provide medical accompaniment & support at Northeast Georgia Medical Center-Gainesville during forensic medical exams.
- Advocates provide crisis intervention for survivors of sexual assault & their loved ones including:
- Phone or face-to-face crisis intervention & support; support is provided regardless of when the assault occurred or if the crime was reported to law enforcement
- Referral resources specific to the needs & wants of the survivor
- Referral to public health department for aftercare examination & screenings for sexually transmitted infections
- Assistance filing Victims' Compensation forms
Judicial Accompaniment & Support
Legal accompaniment throughout the judicial process including accompaniment to law enforcement interviews & in the courtroom.
Training is provided to medical, legal, law enforcement & other agencies involved with survivors of sexual assault. Topics covered in these trainings may include: the impact of trauma, trauma informed investigations and Rape Response services. Rape Response is happy to provide speakers for local organizations in an effort to raise awareness and provide education about sexual assault.
Education & Community Awareness
Let'sİ Talk education programs are provided to middle, high school & college students, as well as their parents, in our six county service area. Advocates also participate in various community awareness events, sharing information on sexual assault and services provided Rape Response.