Better Together: Friends Benefit 2022
Thursday, March 3, 2022
In-Person at The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers
Doors open at 6:30pm
Program to begin at 8pm
*You must be fully vaccinated, with a booster, to attend in-person
Virtually via our online platform
Program to stream live at 8pm
We are excited for our entire community to join us for an evening of connection and celebration in support of our beloved Friends Seminary. There are two options to attend this year: in-person at The Lighthouse or virtually, via our online platform, similar to last year.
Tickets are now SOLD OUT, and while we wish we could meet the demand, it is simply not possible given the current situation with COVID.
If you would like to join the waitlist, please click here (for Faculty and Administrative Staff click here) and fill out the requested information. If tickets should become available as we get closer to the date, you will be notified in the order in which we receive your request, and given the option to purchase tickets at full price ($325). Financial aid pricing will still be available.
Should tickets not become available, we hope you will join us virtually by purchasing a ticket via the link further down on this page to support and celebrate Friends Seminary.
Proceeds generated from the 2022 Paddle Raise will create an endowed fund for ancillary aid in memory of Robin Hoffmann. Robin's impact on the Friends community goes beyond measure, and she was beloved by students, alumni, parents, faculty and administrative staff alike. An employee of the School for decades, Robin created highly successful programs such as Friends After Three and Summer Friends, among others. Students enjoyed numerous events on campus that Robin enthusiastically developed, including sleepovers, dance parties and escape rooms. Providing aid to students beyond the cost of tuition was of paramount importance to Robin, and she worked tirelessly to make sure any student who wanted to participate in these programs was able to do so, regardless of financial need. The fund created through Better Together: Benefit 2022 will be used to provide assistance for students beyond the cost of tuition.
Browse, Bid & BuyVIEW ITEMS
Event information you need:
- In-person tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, even if the event must switch to fully remote.
- You must be fully vaccinated, with a booster, in order to attend in person. There will be no exemptions.
- Acceptable proof of vaccination will be required upon entry. Acceptable proof is the use of the NYC COVID SAFE, Excelsior Pass Plus, or the original vaccine card, along with a government issued ID.
- We ask that you wear a K94/95 mask unless you are eating or drinking. Masks will be provided at check-in and throughout the night as needed.
- All event staff will be fully vaccinated and masked for the duration of the event.
- The venue will be at 50% capacity, which means there is ample space for you to distance and spread out as needed. There is also an outdoor terrace available.
- We will not require a negative COVID test to attend, but encourage you to self-test the morning of the event.
- If you are showing any symptoms and are not feeling well on event day, please stay home and join us virtually.
- A virtual viewing link will also be included with the in-person ticket, so if you are unable to attend at The Lighthouse, you can still join us from wherever you might be.
- There will be no table assignments. Dinner will be served via various food stations and open seating will be available throughout the venue.
- The silent auction will launch ahead of the event with exciting items from a variety of categories! To bid, you must purchase one of the ticket options (live or virtual).
- Finally, we ask that you remain flexible, as the situation changes daily. We are committed to hosting a great and safe evening. In order to do so, we will need full cooperation and understanding if it's necessary to move to a fully remote event as we get closer to the date.
We welcome item donations!Donate an Item Now
2022 Contemporary Art Auction
Bidding for the 2022 Contemporary Art Auction will open on Thursday, February 17 at 6:00pm via Artsy. Please follow this link to view and bid on over 40 incredible works!
An in-person viewing will be open to the public on Tuesday, February 15 and Wednesday, February 16 from 10am - 6pm at David Zwirner Gallery in Chelsea. (525 W.19th St).
Vaccination is required.