Join us at Twilight in the Garden to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Sankofa Community Farm at Bartram's Garden!
Friday, October 1 | 5:30 to 9:30 PM
@ Bartram's Garden 5400 Lindbergh Boulevard
Founded in 2011, the Sankofa Community Farm at Bartram's Garden is a community-driven, African Diaspora-focused farm on the banks of the Tidal Schuylkill River. Celebrate with us as we reflect back on the incredible accomplishments of the last 10 years at the Sankofa Community Farm and toast to another meaningful and joyous decade!
The Sankofa Community Farm is nationally recognized for 10 years of accomplishments, including
- growing and distributing 15,000 pounds of produce each year, serving 500 local families
- employing 25 local youth annually for an intensive paid internship
- welcoming 50 local households in the community garden
- strengthening neighborhood food sovereignty through a popular at-home garden program
At Twilight in the Garden, you and your guests will enjoy:
- Festive outdoor celebration at Bartram's Garden, a 50-acre park on the banks of the Tidal Schuylkill River in Southwest Philadelphia
- A choose-your-own adventure evening, with options for everything from sunset garden tours to cozy riverfront fire pits
- Intimate conversation led by Sara Lomax-Reese, President and CEO of WURD Radio, with Sankofa Community Farm Co-Founders Chris Bolden-Newsome and Ty Holmberg
- Silent auction featuring travel, artwork, private experiences, and more!
- Hand-crafted autumnal cocktails and farm-inspired treats
Since its founding in 2011, the Sankofa Community Farm's primary focus has been on relationship-building through food, focusing on three core tenets:
- that food and farming can be intentionally intergenerational, with youth working and learning alongside elders;
- that our food, culture, and connection to the land have a spiritual grounding;
- and that the farm should reflect and affirm the African Diaspora culture from which so many of our neighbors draw their lived and inherited experience.
Learn more about the Sankofa Community Farm at Bartram's Garden on our website.
Twilight in the Garden 2021 Co-Chairs
Charles & Maria Lomax
Representative Joanna E. McClinton
Representative Regina Young & Steven Young
Each year Bartram's Garden welcomes 100,000 visitors for free, including 9,000 children who engage in hands-on learning. Bartram's Garden is committed to empowering local youth, uplifting community voices, and providing a safe green space that facilitates growth, healing, and inspiration. Your support directly impacts these initiatives and makes a difference in our community. A portion of your ticket price is tax-deductible.