May 6th - 6:00 pm
Bishop Gorman High School
5959 S Hualapai Way, Las Vegas, NV 89148
Tickets & Sponsorships
Available For PurchaseVIEW ITEMS
Law Enforcement Assistance Fund
LEAF Charities offers financial relief to the survivor families of fallen Metropolitan police officers deputy city marshals and municipal court marshals killed in the line of duty. Assistance is offered in several forms:
- College: Both the children and spouses of fallen officers are eligible for college support. The charity will cover the cost of in-state tuition and is working to establish partnerships with out-of-state institutions to receive comparable tuition rates in the future.
- Holidays: Children under age 18 may receive up to $500 worth of holiday gifts.
- Birthdays: Children under age 18 may receive up to $250 worth of birthday gifts. The PPA keeps a record of dependents' birthdays and purchases presents, which are wrapped and delivered to the families' homes.
- Unforeseen needs: Up to $1,000 in emergency cash may be disbursed after the death to cover immediate needs such as food, lodging and transportation.
- Other: Various other programs are supported to assist children's and members' athletic teams, events and other board-approved charitable activities and organizations.
Children's Heart Foundation Mission:
Children's Heart Foundation (CHF) is committed to making a difference in the lives of heart families through emotional, educational, and financial support to inspire a higher quality of life for all.
Designed to meet the needs of a heart family as they pass through different stages and treatments, Children's Heart
Foundation offers the following programs:
- Financial assistance to heart families during medical crisis situations who are experiencing financial hardship by helping with food, medical travel expenses incurred during out-of-state heart procedures, gas, utilities, rent, prescription costs, medical equipment, funeral assistance, and more.
- Two $3,000 college scholarships awarded annually for heart kids entering college or trade school.
- A toy room where kids choose a gift when newly diagnosed or before a medical procedure.
- Weekly delivery of healthy snack foods and cafeteria vouchers to the families that are in-patient at Sunrise Children's Hospital.
- An annual Holiday Assistance program which provides holiday means and gifts for the entire family during the holidays. In 2021, CHF supported 85 families with holiday assistance.
- Research grants awarded to accredited institutions undertaking important research in pediatric cardiology.
- An annual cost-free, medically supervised camp to children, ages 7-17 years old, with congenital and acquired heart conditions. Camp Mend-a-Heart has served over 874 heart children since its inception in 2005.
- The Backpack Program provides families with necessities when a child is admitted to the hospital.
- Community Outreach special events to give heart families the opportunity to meet and build relationships.
- Teen Program is offered to heart patients 13-17 years of age. The goal of the teen program is to socialize the teens with like-minded peers. Activities are scheduled on a quarterly basis and are free for the teen to attend.
OUR VISION FOR THE FALLEN
For years PFFN has dreamed of building a new memorial fit to Honor our
fallen brothers and sisters. We want to create a place of reverence for the
families and community to come and not only remember the fallen heroes,
but also celebrate their legacy and discover another side of the fire service
they may not know existed.
So we began a campaign to raise money dedicated to creating a piece
worthy of the fallen, and commissioned renowned sculptor and fellow
firefighter and EMT, Austin Weishel, to bring the memorial to life.
"It's important for us as firefighters to have a place to come and
recognize them, but to also enable generations of families, who
may not have known their grandmother, their grandfather, their
brother, their cousin, to come and learn about their sacrifice."
Todd Ingalsbee - President, Professional Fire Fighters of Nevada