FIT 4 THE CAUSE ONLINE AUCTION RULES
1. Have fun and enjoy these exciting items!
2. Purchases are expected to be settled with GIVE SMART on behalf of FIT 4 THE CAUSE (F4TC) upon the closing of the Online Auction.
3. We will ship your winning item(s). You agree that you will pay a flat fee of $3 for the shipping cost incurred. F4TC will ship your item in a 10 x 13 envelope and mailed by the USPS.
4. All bids are final and are considered obligations to pay. No refunds will be made.
5. Please pay careful attention to dates, availability, and other restrictions on the items.
6. FIT 4 THE CAUSE has tried to make a reasonable faith estimate for each item's value. In the case of purchases above the fair-market value, only that portion is tax-deductible. If there are any questions about the tax-deductibility of items purchased, the purchaser should consult their tax advisors.
7. Please be advised you will be charged an Effective Rate of 3.627 % on all purchases. The effective rate is the percentage to cover the cost associated with the purchase AND the processing fees.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The auctioned items are sold "as is." FIT 4 THE CAUSE makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, concerning the use and safety of the goods and services sold, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The buyer bears the entire risk of the donated items' quality, performance, and safety. FIT 4 THE CAUSE has not tested or inspected the goods and services for quality and safety. Some of the activities are generally considered "high risk." The purchaser shall consider this and assume all risks upon purchase and engaging in the activities. FIT 4 THE CAUSE shall not be responsible for any injuries or damages that result from the buyer's use of the auctioned items or services or participation in services or activities purchased. Please Note: Participation in the FIT 4 THE CAUSE Online Auction constitutes a waiver of all claims against FIT 4 THE CAUSE, its employees, agents, and representatives for any damage, loss, or injury resulting from or connected with the use or receipt of any item or service auctioned.
The amount of any contribution that is tax-deductible is limited to the excess of the amount paid over the fair market value of goods or services you received in exchange. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, the IRS generally considers the amount paid for an auctioned item to be its fair market value. The listed values are estimations by the item donor for informational purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the item's fair market value at the time of sale. Please consult your tax advisor for further advice and retain all your purchase(s) documents as your receipts for tax purposes.