Gourmet Wishes 2022
Silent Auction Frequently Asked Questions
When does the silent auction close?
The silent auction will close on Wednesday, October 13th around 7:30pm.
Is a credit card required to participate in the silent auction?
Yes, a pre-registered credit card is required to begin bidding. Credit cards on file will be processed by Thursday, October 13th. If you would like to complete payment through another method (i.e. check), please contact Amy at email@example.com.
How can I keep active and know if I am outbid or have won an item?
You will be notified via text if you have been outbid. Keep an eye on your favorite items! If you are NOT receiving the text messages, make sure you have the correct mobile number under your profile. The texts will continue to notify you when you have been outbid or reached your maximum bid. When the silent auction closes, you will also receive a text message if you won any items.
What happens if I do not pay for my winning item(s)?
All balances must be paid in full before winning item(s) can be collected. Items left unpaid after seven days will be sold to the next highest bidder.
How will I collect my winnings?
The winner must pick up item(s) from the event in Green Bay, the Make-A-Wish office in Appleton or the Make-A-Wish office in Wauwatosa. Should shipping be required, winner is responsible for all costs associated. All auction winners will be notified via email within one week of the close of the auction and provided details and instructions for item collection.
What happens if I do not pick up my winnings?
Any item(s) left unclaimed after 30 days, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to Make-A-Wish Wisconsin.
Are there any items that are not eligible for shipping?
Yes. Some items, including alcohol, are not eligible for shipping, regardless of the location of the winner.
Silent Auction Legal Statement
By bidding in Make-A-Wish Wisconsin auctions, each bidder agrees to these auction rules:
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted.
- All items are "as is." Make-A-Wish Wisconsin has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this online catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is typically tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
- Please pay careful attention to all conditions, restrictions and expiration dates on items and services. Unless otherwise noted, all auction items and services must be used within one year. No extensions on expiration will be granted. We appreciate your strict observance of these restrictions, as future donations depend upon it.
- Packages containing alcohol may not be shipped and must be picked up by an individual 21+ years of age with valid ID. You must be at least 21 years old to purchase any packages containing alcohol and/or tours of alcoholic establishments (distillery, brewery, etc.).
- All completed sales from this event are considered transactions solely between the purchaser and the donor of the auction item.
- The winner must pick up item(s) from the Make-A-Wish Wisconsin Northeastern Office. Should shipping be required, winner is responsible for all costs associated. Make-A-Wish Wisconsin is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Any item(s) left unclaimed after 30 days, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to Make-A-Wish Wisconsin.
- Make-A-Wish Wisconsin reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from Make-A-Wish Wisconsin, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the auction company and its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors and/or volunteers connected with the auction.