How Will My Donation Make a Difference?
When so many orchestras went dark during the pandemic, the Charleston Symphony kept the music playing. The CSO has proven how dedicated they are to serving the community through the transformative power of music. As the CSO recovers financially from the pandemic, they need your support more than ever.
Here are just a few examples of how your unrestricted donation to Fund the Need will make a difference:
NURTURING CHARLESTON'S SOUL
- The CSO invests in 24 full-time salaried core musicians at $1,000,000+ annually.
- We are thrilled to be bringing internationally acclaimed conductors to Charleston in 2022-23 with an investment of $82,000.
SHAPING THE FUTURE OF MUSIC
- The CSO engages more than 400 guest musician services every season, at a cost of approximately $650,000.
- Our renowned guest solo artists are some of the world's finest at a cost of $150,000.
BUILDING COMMUNITY THROUGH SHARED EXPERIENCES
- The CSO invests more than $550,000 in education programs that reach 20,000 students in the Lowcountry every school year.
- The Charleston Symphony Youth Orchestra trains the next generation of musicians and future audiences.
INSPIRING OUR YOUTH THROUGH MUSIC EDUCATION
- LINK UP: The Orchestra Moves takes Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute curriculum into the classroom and onto the Gaillard stage for an unparalleled experience for more than 1,500 students.
- CSO ensembles perform and share classical music in under-served Lowcountry schools K-12 each year.
MAKING THE ARTS ACCESSIBLE TO ALL
- In 2020, CSO ensembles performed at 63 schools in Lowcountry, 1/3 of which are Title I, reaching 13,000 students.
- Free tickets to the CSO's Young People's Concerts are provided to low-income students.
- Students of all ages are able to attend any CSO performance for just $10.
- The CSO makes complimentary tickets available to underserved populations of all ages.
COUNT ME IN!