Food and Wine
6 bottles of wine from Barboursville Winery
Your six-bottle assortment includes:
- 2014 Merlot Reserve: Cultivated in carefully selected blocks of our Goodlow Mountain vineyard, this wine is vinified for the greatest durability of shelf life and concentration of varietal expression.
- 2018 Octagon: A wine of noble character, created by blending estate-grown Bordeaux varietals, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Petit Verdot, Octagon's great prestige rests further on its being created only in fine vintages, and with the most astute selection from the harvest.
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve: Our rarest wine, the Reserve Cabernet will age at great length and respond to the highest demands for varietal expression. The wine is based on a grape selection identified by long experience as the finest for our growing region, and grown in specially selected small vineyard blocks. It is aged at least a full year in old and new French oak barriques crafted for us in Piemonte, Italy.
- 2020 Vermentino Reserve: Native to the maritime growing regions of Liguria, Corsica and Sardinia, Vermentino has adapted splendidly to our warm climate in Piedmont Virginia. Vermentino's dry but distinctly luscious minerality is complemented by generous palate weight and length.
- 2019 Chardonnay Reserve: The grapes are allowed to achieve a proportionately higher potential alcohol on the vine than our classic Chardonnay. Then, selecting 2nd and 3rd-use barrels of French and American oak for fermentation and for aging, we preserve Chardonnay's inherent effusiveness and lengthen its palate performance without malolactic fermentation.
- 1814 Brut Cuvee: A collaboration with our founder's Tenuta Il Bosco estate in Oltrepo Pavese, this sparkling wine is created in the metodo classico and is 100% Pinot Noir of the DOCG designation. Our winemaker, Luca Paschina, developed this wine in collaboration with his counterpart in Italy, Stefano Ferrante, and in consultation with Nicholas Seconde from Champagne.
A Taste of Tennessee!$720
A taste of Tennessee! Sample three of Tennessee's finest:
The first offering is a Calumet Farm straight bourbon whiskey distilled in the heart of Kentucky's bourbon country. It spent sixteen years in the barrel, from 2006 until it was bottled in 2020. It is 96.2 proof. Sixteen years in the barrel has smoothed any rough edges, however, and it is a delight to enjoy neat or however you prefer.
The second is Uncle Nearest 1856 premium whiskey. It is distilled in Shelbyville, TN. It is named in honor of Nathan (Nearest) Green. Green was an enslaved person living in Lincoln County TN. He distilled whiskey for his owner, Dan Call, a Lutheran minister. In the 1850's a young Jack Daniel arrived and worked for Call. He took an interest in the distillery and worked with Uncle Nearest, as Green was known. This was Jack Daniel's introduction to the art of whiskey making by what is known as the Lincoln County Process, ie. Tennessee whiskey. Based on Green's original recipe it has been well received by critics.
The third offering is, appropriately, one of Jack Daniel's best: a single barrel, barrel proof whiskey with a proof of 130. Enjoy neat or with a splash of water.
Hibiki Blended Whisky$1,120
Hibiki Japanese Harmony Ryusui Hyakka Limited Edition Design Blended Whisky
Buttery and creamy on the nose, with fresh herbal notes of coriander, vanilla, baked pastries, apricot, and dried fruits, though the herbal notes intensify over time. The palate mingles fresh fruit-salad flavors, vanilla, honey, fudge, sweet citrus, taffy, and a delicate pepperiness. This expression has a fantastic texture, balancing soft fruits, fudge sweetness, and citrus, to finish with sweet melon, icing sugar, and a dynamic spiciness.
Stags Leap 2016 SLV Cab Sauv$140
Stags Leap 2016 SLV Cabernet Sauvignon
Another outstanding vintage for this vineyard-designate standout from the famously historic producer, the estate-grown wine is herbal and elegantly fruity in dark cherry, dried herb and cocoa dust. An earthy under current of dusty tannin and toasted oak add contours of savory complexity that will withstand further aging; enjoy best from 2028 through 2038.
2017 Peter Michael "Belle Côte" Knights Valley Chardonnay
The grapes for Belle Côte are grown at 1,700 to 1,800 feet above sea level. The high elevation, in combination with a more sheltered site, create conditions for a long and slow ripening. The resulting wine offers the broadest, fattest fruit profile of our four single vineyard Chardonnays, with clean citrus notes, exotic lychee and our signature wet stone-like minerality.
2018 Opus One$393
The Opus One 2018 offers profuse aromas of blackberry, cassis and black cherry. Elegant notes of violets, white pepper and rose petals follow and together they deliver a very seductive bouquet. The seamlessly layered flavors build to a crescendo of fresh and juicy black-fruit, accented with hints of orange zest, licorice and dark chocolate. Beautifully balanced, the smooth round tannins and fresh acidity combine to create a soft, creamy mouthfeel and extend the flavors into a long persistent finish.
Dom Perignon Luminous$360
Dom Perignon Luminous is a limited-edition Dom Perignon that shines in the dark. The grapes for this vintage Champagne are Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. It contains scents of stone fruit and vanilla, as well as flavors of almond, white florals, and grapefruit. Rich fish dishes with carbonara or buttery sauce match well with the wine's delicate minerality.
Wine of the Month Club$513
Two bottles of red wine sent each month to the winner. Bonus Wine Explorers Kit included. Each wine of the month club gift shipment includes a full color newsletter packed with information for both the novice and experienced wine taster. It includes winery and winemaker history, recipes, cellaring suggestions, serving suggestions and wine anecdotes to share.
Chilean and Argentinian Wine$1,400
Icons of the Andes - 12 bottles of premium Chilean and Argentinian Wine
Close in proximity yet separated by the Andean mountain range, Chile and Argentina are the two largest wine producing countries in South America but night and day when it comes to wine. In this educational, dynamic, and personalized wine tasting, take a trip through the glass to South America and dive into the region by exploring the a selection of small producers making extraordinary terroir wines that rival the finest wines of California and Europe yet are not easy to find in the U.S. Includes 12 bottles of premium wine shipped to you, descriptive notes for each wine with suggested food pairings, live video presentation and sommelier guided tasting.