Skip to items information
Skip to social links information
Barboursville Wine$387 current bid
Description of the Item:
Register or sign in to buy or bid on this item. Sign in and register buttons are in next section
Want to place a bid?REGISTER NOW
Already have an account?
6 bottles of wine from Barboursville Winery
Your six-bottle assortment includes:
- 2014 Merlot Reserve: Cultivated in carefully selected blocks of our Goodlow Mountain vineyard, this wine is vinified for the greatest durability of shelf life and concentration of varietal expression.
- 2018 Octagon: A wine of noble character, created by blending estate-grown Bordeaux varietals, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Petit Verdot, Octagon's great prestige rests further on its being created only in fine vintages, and with the most astute selection from the harvest.
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve: Our rarest wine, the Reserve Cabernet will age at great length and respond to the highest demands for varietal expression. The wine is based on a grape selection identified by long experience as the finest for our growing region, and grown in specially selected small vineyard blocks. It is aged at least a full year in old and new French oak barriques crafted for us in Piemonte, Italy.
- 2020 Vermentino Reserve: Native to the maritime growing regions of Liguria, Corsica and Sardinia, Vermentino has adapted splendidly to our warm climate in Piedmont Virginia. Vermentino's dry but distinctly luscious minerality is complemented by generous palate weight and length.
- 2019 Chardonnay Reserve: The grapes are allowed to achieve a proportionately higher potential alcohol on the vine than our classic Chardonnay. Then, selecting 2nd and 3rd-use barrels of French and American oak for fermentation and for aging, we preserve Chardonnay's inherent effusiveness and lengthen its palate performance without malolactic fermentation.
- 1814 Brut Cuvee: A collaboration with our founder's Tenuta Il Bosco estate in Oltrepo Pavese, this sparkling wine is created in the metodo classico and is 100% Pinot Noir of the DOCG designation. Our winemaker, Luca Paschina, developed this wine in collaboration with his counterpart in Italy, Stefano Ferrante, and in consultation with Nicholas Seconde from Champagne.
Donated By Yousuf Al-Aboosi