Help our cause by contributing to our fundraising efforts.
No act of generosity is too small to make a difference. Make a tax-deductible donation to Make-A-Wish Connecticut today! Our goal for the event is to raise enough money to grant a new wish in Connecticut - every dollar helps!
We want to share a huge THANK YOU to everyone who joined us at our 2nd Annual Taste of Wishes. This event has raised over $22,000 to date and we could not do what we do without community supporters like yourselves - so thank you for joining us!
We fundraise in Connecticut in many different ways, including events like Taste of Wishes, and spend our dollars on Connecticut children. Your support and participation allow us make an impact on the lives of critically ill children, so thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
As we wrap up the event, we wanted to give an extra special shout-out to a few people as we would not be here without them.
- To our co-hosts Aitoro Appliance and Monogram, thank you for hosting us for our second annual event.
- To our presenting sponsor Marcia Selden Catering, thank you for being such amazing supporters not only with this event but in so many other ways.
- To our featured chefs Dan, Matt, Bill, Christian, Robin and Jes, thank you for allowing us to experience your talents in a brand-new way and embracing our wish kids so openly in the process.
- And to our wish kids Julia, Henry, Aaron, Ziva, Penelope and Nazear, we see a bright future with your cooking skills!!
Whether this was your first Make-A-Wish event or fifth, we just want to say thank you for supporting our mission and allowing us to continue towards our goal of granting a wish to every eligible child throughout the state.p
2022 Featured Chefs
This incredible once-in-a-lifetime evening will be filled with cooking demonstrations from local celebrity chefs and Connecticut wish kids!
Chefs to be featured:
- Christian Petroni, Food Network Star
- Bill Taibe, The Whelk, Kawa Ni, Don Memo
- Dan Kardos, Oar & Oak, Oar & Oak Bistro, Oar & Oak Birdhouse
- Matt Storch, Match Restaurant, Match Burger Lobster
- Robin Selden, Marcia Selden and Naked Fig Catering
- Jes Bengtson, Terrain Garden Cafe, Amis Trattoria
Your ticket includes a sampling of the chef's creations, complimentary beer and wine, and other delectable treats.
Thank you to our 2022 Sponsors!
Make-A-Wish believes that a wish experience can be a game-changer for a child with a life-threatening medical condition. This one belief guides us in everything we do. It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve. It compels us to be creative in exceeding the expectations of every wish kid. It drives us to make our donated resources go as far as possible. Most of all, it's the founding principle of our vision to grant the wish of every eligible child.
Wishes are more than just a nice thing. And they are far more than gifts, or singular events in time. Wishes impact everyone involved - wish kids, volunteers, donors, sponsors, medical professionals and communities. The impact varies. For wish kids, just the act of making their wish come true can give them the courage to comply with their medical treatments. Parents might finally feel like they can be optimistic. And still others might realize all they have to offer the world through volunteer work or philanthropy.
Whatever the odds, whatever the obstacles ... wishes find a way to make the world better. When you donate, you're giving children renewed strength to fight their illnesses, bringing families closer together and uniting entire communities. You can change lives.