Terms and Conditions
ONLINE AUCTION GUIDELINES
1. By bidding in the UpValley Family Centers’ VIVA! Napa Valley Online Auction, each bidder agrees to these auction terms and conditions. You warrant that: (a) you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal capacity to participate in VIVA! Napa Valley; (b) you will be financially responsible for your use of the online auction services; and (c) you will be responsible for any usage by minors or any other party of online auction services under your name or account. Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any lot that contains alcohol or an experience that will include alcohol.
2. When you place a bid on an auction item, you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item if you are the winning bidder. You are the winning bidder if your bid is the highest bid at Auction Close on February 22, 2021 at 8pm and your bid is accepted. When you purchase a fixed-price item, you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item.
3. All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” UpValley Family Centers has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and, in no event, shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
4. The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value and not warranted by UpValley Family Centers. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your personal tax advisor about current tax regulations. The UpValley Family Centers is a 501(c)(3) public charity.
5. Gratuities and tax may not be included in the purchase price of your auction lot. All dates shall be mutually agreeable to both the donor and buyer. Travel and shipping are not included in the auction lots unless otherwise noted in the description.
6. Payment: At the conclusion of this auction, the credit card associated with your account will be charged for the full price of your purchases. UpValley Family Centers accepts all major credit cards. If you would like to pay by cash, cashier’s check, wire transfer, or personal check, you must notify us by auction close, 8:00 pm PST on February 22, 2021. California sales tax on any applicable items will be added to the purchase price of your VIVA! Napa Valley auction lots.
7. Shipping & Pick-Up: Items from the online auction will be available for shipping or pick-up starting March 1, 2021, and once payment clears. Items from the online auction will be available for pick-up at UpValley Family Centers’ St. Helena office, located at 1440 Spring Street. Our business hours are 8.30-5 PM. Please notify us at least 24 hours in advance of the time and date you plan to pick up your purchases. Should you wish to have your items shipped, we are happy to connect you with a shipper we have successfully worked with for several years. Please contact this shipper to arrange for packing and shipment of your items and pay for shipping costs. UpValley Family Centers is not responsible for any shipping costs, nor for any items damaged during the shipping process.
8. UpValley Family Centers reserves the right to add, change, or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
9. Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the online auction and items obtained through the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from the auction and their participation the UpValley Family Centers, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the online auction company and its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or the volunteers connected with the auction.
10. For Fair Market Value of any of the featured lots, please contact the UpValley Family Centers, and a team member will provide it for you at any time.
This policy will outline what data we collect from users, how we use that data, how we store it, as well as your rights as they relate to data collection and use.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us through the contact information provided below.
What data do we collect and how do we collect it?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose, which is collected on an individual basis, and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
When you sign up to receive our newsletter, register to volunteer, make an online donation, or register to bid in our online auction, we ask you to provide us with any or all of the following personal information:
· Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, mailing address, etc.)
· Information about a donation made by you to the organization (amount, payment method, donation date, and designated purpose)
Similar to other websites, our site may also utilize a standard technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. We likewise employ Google analytics to collect similar information using cookies. Information gathered through cookies and Google analytics may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the sites visited just before and just after ours. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual. More information about Google Analytics can be found here. More information about cookies is provided below.
How will we use the information you provide to us?
UpValley Family Centers uses your personal data as well as aggregate website use data so that we can:
· Appropriately process and follow up on transactions that you make through our website and/or fundraising pages – including a donation, auction bid or purchase, registration to volunteer, or newsletter subscription.
· Send you our monthly newsletter and occasional other emails or updates relevant to your interest(s) in our organization.
· Improve our website.
When UpValley Family Centers processes your donation or auction purchase, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent charges to your card.
Data that you provide when you make a donation or auction purchase or subscribe to our newsletter will be processed through our third-party fundraising platforms, SalsaLabs and/or GiveSmart, as well as our merchant account and credit card processor, Card Connect. Data that you provide when you register to volunteer is processed through a Google form. More information about these platforms’ privacy and data security policies can be found below, under “Privacy Policies of Other Websites.” UpValley Family Centers does not share your data with any other organizations or companies, and does not publicize donor names.
How do we store and protect your data?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your data, and partner with fundraising platforms (SalsaLabs and GiveSmart) and an online credit card processor (Card Connect) that have robust data security protocols in place. These partners adhere to industry standards to ensure the security of your personal data, including best-in-class encryption methods, restricted access to secure servers, and secure data retention and disposal practices. The Google Form we use to collect volunteer registrations is connected to a secure UpValley Family Centers Google Drive, to which only Development Department staff have access.
For more information about these third parties’ privacy and security protocols, please review their privacy policies. Links are provided below, under ‘Privacy Policies of Other Websites.’
UpValley Family Centers may store your contact information on our secure Dropbox server, in a folder accessible only to Development Department staff. We will never store your credit card information, either electronically or in hard copy.
UpValley Family Centers sends out a monthly online newsletter. We also send out a few communications early in the calendar year about our online auction.
If you have agreed to receive these messages, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop UpValley Family Centers from contacting you. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and other messages, please contact us at the email and phone number provided below or unsubscribe via the link in our newsletter.
What are your data protection rights?
UpValley Family Centers wants to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
· The right to access – you have the right to request UVFC to provide you with a copy of your personal data.
· The right to rectification – you have the right to request that UVFC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request UVFC to complete information you believe is incomplete.
· The right to erasure – you have the right to request that UVFC erase your personal data. However, this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
· The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that UVFC restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to our company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to data portability – you have the right to request that our company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
How can you access and correct your information?
You may at any time request access to your personal information that we have collected online and maintain in our database, by emailing us at the address provided below.
Do we disclose information to outside parties?
We may occasionally provide aggregate information about our website traffic, donors, and newsletter subscription rates to our funders. However, this information will never include personally identifiable data. We do not share or sell any personal data to any third parties.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so – in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Privacy policies of other websites
UpValley Family Centers maintains an active presence on Facebook and Instagram. Both platforms actively collect a variety of user data. We encourage you to review their respective privacy policies: Facebook’s policy can be found here, and instagram’s can be found here.
How to contact us
Donor approves the payments of any charitable donations and/or purchases to UpValley Family Centers of Napa County in the amount set forth therein. For more information about these terms and conditions contact [email protected]