EREF 2021 Auction Terms & Conditions
1. All bidders participating in the Environmental Research & Education Foundation (EREF) Auction must register through the mobile bidding platform, GiveSmart.
2. Successful bidders must complete settlement at the close of the Auction on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
3. Immediate possession of all equipment upon proper settlement. The preferred method of payment for purchases over $10,000 are wire transfer or check. Acceptable forms of payment:
a. Wire transfer
b. Credit card
c. Cashier’s check
d. Money order
e. Certified check
f. Corporate check
g. Personal check (must be approved by EREF President)
4. The EREF reserves the right to accept or reject any payment.
5. Settlement costs will include the final bid price and:
a. State and local taxes (if any) b) Storage or special handling costs (if any) c) Delivery costs (if any), unless otherwise noted.
6. The condition and description of each item set forth is ONLY A GUIDE, and is in no way a warranty or guarantee, actual or implied. All of the equipment in the Auction is being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS and with all faults. All conditions and descriptions of equipment in this sale are believed to be correct and have been conscientiously set forth by the owners.
7. The Buyer takes delivery, full responsibility and assumes all risk of loss for all property purchased from the time the online bidding platform, GiveSmart, accepts the Buyer’s offer (bid).
8. Federal and State laws will apply and allowable penalties will be assessed for failure to pay for the item purchased. The Buyer agrees to make complete settlement on all purchases during or immediately after the conclusion of the Auction on sale day. See #3 for accepted forms of payment.
9. Buyer acknowledges receipt of a copy of the virtual Auction Booklet for the Auction, has read, and agrees to be bound by the additional terms and conditions set forth in said virtual Auction Booklet.
10. The Buyer will obtain full liability insurance on all purchased property as required by law.
11. EREF reserves the right to revoke any bid at any time. Buyer represents and warrants that this registration is made for the account of the Buyer alone and not on behalf of any other person or entity.
12. Buyer acknowledges that the Auction Site and anywhere the property to be sold is located or displayed is a potentially dangerous place. Heavy equipment is being operated, potentially dangerous materials may be present, electric circuits may be live and other potential dangers may exist. Each person at the Auction Site (and other areas where the property is located or displayed), shall be there at their own risk at all times. No person shall have any claim against the Auctioneer, their agents, employees or principals for any injuries sustained or death to any person or persons whomsoever nor for damages to or loss or property which may occur from any cause whatsoever. Buyer also acknowledges responsibility for any injury or death to any person or persons whomsoever or property damage caused by Buyer, his agents or his employees.
13. All Executive outings, while offered in good faith, may be cancelled at the discretion of the Executive. Purchase of an Executive outing is not a guarantee, and circumstances may arise requiring Executive to cancel the outing. In the event of cancellation, the winner may request a full refund from EREF. Outings must be redeemed within 9 months of purchase.
14. After online bidding commences and an item is marked CLOSED, the highest/winning bidder becomes solely responsible for the purchase and must remit payment to EREF; if an invoice is required, please consult with EREF staff. Once payment is received and processed by EREF, the winning bidder and donor will be connected so delivery arrangements may be made.
For more information about these terms and conditions contact email@example.com