Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone participate in the Online Auction?
The auction is open to everyone 18 years and older. You must be 21 years and older to bid on any alcohol-related auction package. We encourage you to share the link with your friends and family.
To participate in the Auction from the convenience of your home, you just need to register on whartonarts.givesmart.com. Bidders will be responsible for paying immediately upon winning, and must cover shipping costs or coordinate pick-up of their items/certificates from the Wharton Institute for the Performing Arts' Performing Art School in Berkeley Heights, NJ. Instructions will be sent to the winner s after the auction closes. (Only domestic shipping can be provided.)
May I pay by check or other methods of payment?
Upon registering, you will be asked to provide credit card information. Bidders will need to authorize their winning bid charges to that credit card immediately after the auction closes. Any remaining balances will be charged to your card on file on Thursday, April 22, 2021.
If you would like to make an alternate payment method please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Thursday, April 22, 2021. Wharton Arts accepts cash, check, stock and bank transfers. Please send check payments to Wharton Arts at 60 Locust Avenue, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922.
How do I pick up my items or have them shipped to me?
To receive your items, payment must be received in order to coordinate delivery/pick-up of your item. Within the week following the closing of the auction, we will contact you regarding your preference for delivery versus in-person pick-up in Berkeley Heights, NJ.
Pick-up of items will be available during designated times. We will require a signature upon pick-up. Instructions will be sent to winners after the auction closes.
For delivery, we will add any shipping and handling costs to your balance on GiveSmart for you to authorize payment. Once we have received payment confirmation for the shipping costs, we will package the item and choose the mail carrier at our discretion. If you would like to add insurance for the shipment, please let us know and we will add the incremental charge to your GiveSmart card on file.
**If Wharton Arts is not contacted by 5/22/2021 for (pick-up, delivery or shipping) on an item, the item will be forfeited and will be used again to benefit Wharton Arts.**
Can I still donate an item to the auction?
Thank you for your interest. We are no longer accepting auction item donations for the 2021 auction. If you'd like to donate something for next year, please let us know!
How do I start and continue my bidding?
Browse the Silent Auction and start bidding on your favorite items! Place your bid on selected items, set a maximum bid if desired, and GiveSmart will continue to keep you in the running until you reach your maximum bid.
How can I keep active and know if I am outbid or have won an item?
You will be notified via text if you have been outbid. Keep an eye on your favorite items! If you are NOT receiving the text messages, make sure you have the correct mobile number under your profile. The texts will continue to notify you when you have been outbid or reached your maximum bid. When the silent auction closes, you will also receive a text message if you won any items.
I've mistakenly placed a bid. What do I do?
Please ask for assistance from our team by emailing email@example.com. Please call 908-790-0700 for assistance.
I'm having difficulties using GiveSmart. Are there steps I can follow to make sure I'm able to bid?
Please see GiveSmart video and information below to view instructions for registering and making auction bids.
Click here to watch video
· All winning bids are final.
· There will be no exchange or refund on items unless otherwise specified.
· Please make payments in full by Thursday, April 22, 2021.
· Your item(s) must be paid in full prior to arranging pick-up or shipping. Within the week following the closing of the auction, we will contact you regarding your preference for delivery versus in-person pick-up in Berkeley Heights, NJ
· Pick up of items will be available during designated times. We will require a signature upon pick up. Instructions will be sent to the winners after the auction closes.
· For delivery, we will add any shipping and handling costs to your balance on GiveSmart for you to authorize payment. Once we have received payment confirmation for the shipping costs, we will package the item and choose the mail carrier at our discretion. If you would like to add insurance for the shipment, please let us know.
· If Wharton Arts is not contacted by 5/22/21 for (pick-up, delivery or shipping) on an item, the item will be forfeited and will be utilized again to benefit Wharton Arts.
· Please carefully check your items upon pick-up and delivery.
· Wharton Arts is not responsible for replacing gift certificates lost after pick up or delivery.
· Wharton Arts is under no obligation to extend, modify or change items or restrictions on item certificates. Please pay careful attention to all conditions, restrictions and expiration dates on items and services.
· Unless otherwise stated, gift certificates exclude alcohol, tax and gratuity.
· Dates for all trips and similar events must be mutually arranged with the donor.
· All reservations should be made at least one month in advance.
· All gift card usage is the responsibility of the buyer.
· Although the gift card and amount is currently valid, Wharton Arts cannot be held responsible for unused gift cards at businesses that may cease to operate prior to the expiration date.
· Wharton Arts has endeavored to catalogue and describe the auction items correctly, but all items are sold "as is."
· No statements contained in the program or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed a warranty, representation or assumption of liability.
· Wharton Arts reserves the right to withdraw any item from sale.
· Items depicted are for illustration purposes and may not be actual auction items.
THANK YOU FOR BIDDING!