Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
- Visit the event website address.
- Click Register to Participate.
- Create an Account.
- Check the Terms and Conditions box.
- Check the Text Messages box (for bids, purchases, and event announcements).
- Click Create my GiveSmart Account.
- Click Ok within the All Set Message to complete Registration.
A registration email is sent to the email provided once registration is complete on the campaign site, which contains your personal bidding link to access bidding pages on the campaign.
How do I reset my user name or password if I participated in a past event?
- Click 'Sign In or Register' or 'Sign In' on the event website.
- Click the blue 'Forgot Username or Password'.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click 'Send Pin'.
- Enter the pin set to you via text.
- Update username and/or password.
- Click "Save and Sign In'.
How do I add a credit card?
If a credit card is required to bid or purchase, and a card is not on file, you will be prompted to add a card prior to completing your bid or purchase.
- Visit the campaign and sign in with your username and password.
- Click the 'My Info' page.
- Select 'Add Card on File'.
- Enter credit card information.
- Select 'Add Card'.
How do I bid?
On your phone or on your computer! Click HERE to watch a video on How to Bid.
- Once you have completed a registration on the campaign, you will receive the welcome text message and email, linking you to the items to browse, bid or buy.
- Click on the Blue link in the Welcome text to be directed to the Items page.
- View Items by category or search by Item number or name.
- Click the item of interest to view the description as well as the current bid and or price.
- The system will auto-populate the bid amount based on the set increment for the item. Choose to bid at the set amount or higher.
- Click Bid.
- You will receive a text message if you are outbid.
How do I watch the live show?
Go to tmsauction.com on Friday March 5th and click the link to watch the show. Our pre-show starts at 6:30pm and our LIVE show starts at 7:00pm EST. You will be able to view the show and scroll items for bidding at the same time.
What is this year's Fund-A-Need?
This year's Fund-A-Need will be focused on "What We're Missing." 2020 brought so many changes to The Museum School - some that we've seen but many that we haven't seen since we've been out of the building since March. As a result of the 30% budget cuts, we've had to make significant cuts in our operating budget, including funding for things that make The Museum School so special, like Expeditions, Exhibit Nights, Exploratories, and classroom supplies. Get your phones ready to bid and help us close that gap!
How will I receive my items?
The TMS Auction committee will follow up with all winners within a week of the close of the auction. You will either be emailed a electronic gift certificate, instructions on how to redeem, or we will schedule a pickup.
Where do the auction proceeds go?
All proceeds from our 2021 Museum School Auction benefit The Museum School Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization which helps fund The Museum School of Avondale Estates, a public DeKalb County charter school. The TMS Foundation provides support to the students and staff at The Museum School by funding things like Expeditions, Exhibit Night supplies, museum partnerships, and classroom and Exploratory supplies.