Join AFS Executive Director Doug Austen for a day on the Susquehanna River near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
We'll spend about 6 hours or so floating, fishing, wading, or jet-boating, depending upon your interests and the time of year. Fishing is for Smallmouth Bass with some nice Channel Catfish occasionally also caught. Smallmouth Bass in the Susquehanna are known for their jumping and fighting abilities, but even if the fish aren't biting, the river is beautiful and time on the water is always good. Doug will provide a wonderful lunch, beverages, kayaks, gear, and the jet boat (as desired).
- Make your way to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and purchase appropriate fishing licenses.
- Can accommodate up to three guests. All ages and experience levels are welcome. We can fish, kayak, or boat, as well as a combination of all three.
- I can provide all fishing gear but your own is certainly welcome and appreciated (spin-fishing is best, but fly-fishing for Smallmouth Bass can also be great fun, depending upon river conditions).
- I can't guarantee good fishing but will do my best to make it an enjoyable day!
- Expires September 30, 2022. Pick a date and we can check on river conditions.
Donated By Doug Austen
Join Atlantic Coastal Cooperative Statistics program (ACCSP) Director Geoff White for a day on the Potomac River near Washington, DC. For more than a century, Fletcher's Cove in Washington, D.C. has been a renowned destination for fishing enthusiasts chasing the annual shad run, as well as locals looking to escape the summer heat and city bustle. But Fletcher's Cove is not just for the fishing crowd. Located in a natural cove formed in the rock of the Potomac riverbank, Fletcher's Boathouse houses distinctive red rowboats that generations of visitors have enjoyed.
We'll spend about 4 hours or so fishing for American and Hickory shad at the historic Boathouse at Fletchers Cove. The prime time of year is March through May. Hickory Shad are known for their jumping and exciting fighting abilities, while the larger American shad run deep and pull hard. When the bite is on anglers can to double up fish on one rod, and experience 50+ fish in a day. Even if the fish aren't biting, the river is beautiful and time on the water is always good. Geoff will provide a hearty lunch, beverages, rowboat, and both fly and spin tackle.
- ? Meet at Fletchers Cove just northwest of Washington, DC and purchase appropriate fishing licenses (online at https://doee.dc.gov/service/ get-fishing-license).
- ? Can accommodate up to two guests. All ages and experience levels are welcome. We can fish from the rowboat or hike and fish along the shore.
- ? I will provide all fishing gear but your own is certainly welcome and appreciated (spin-fishing and fly-fishing are both successful, depending upon river conditions).
- ? I can't guarantee good fishing but will do my best to make it an enjoyable day!
- ? The best shad fishing is March-May, offer expires May 30, 2022. Pick a date and we can check on river conditions.
Donated by Geoff White
You and up to two friends will join Captain Dennis Flemming on his boat for a spring fishing trip on the Potomac River to target trophy crappie or the spring shad run, whichever you prefer.
- Crappie fishing trips would most likely occur in Southern Maryland in one of the many tributary creeks of the Potomac. Anglers can expect to catch fish up to and exceeding 15 inches!
- A shad fishing trio would occur in DC in and around the area of Fletchers cove.
- All tackle and equipment would be provided. Anglers would be responsible for obtaining their own fishing license, either a Maryland license for a crappie trip, or a DC license for a shad trip.
- The best time to pursue both species would be from mid-March through the month of April.
Join Captain Phil Langley of Fish the Bay Charters and the F/V Chesapeake Charm for a day of summer time fishing on the Chesapeake Bay with up to 5 of your closest friends, family, and colleagues.
Captain Langley operates out of Saint Jerome's Creek which opens up right on to the middle of the Chesapeake Bay. Depending on what's biting and your interests, you will get the opportunity to target bull red drum, cobia, Spanish mackerel, and bluefish with the possibility of striped bass being in the mix.
Captain Langley will be attending the Stakeholder Engagement Day events, so stop by to introduce yourself!
- Trip must be taken between July 15 - August 30, 2022. Recommend reaching out to Capt. Langley to book early to insure availability of best dates!!
- You will fish out of the F/V Chesapeake Charm, a 40 foot fiberglass charter boat.
- Can accommodate at least 6 passengers.
- He will provide all necessary licenses, bait, and tackle.
- You and your crew will be responsible for food, drink, and tip for the mate.