The Las Vegas Getaway Sweepstakes
Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. DO NOT NEED TO BE IN ATTENDANCE TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Las Vegas Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Mychal's Learning Place and other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Mychal's Learning Place, located at 4901 W Rosecrans Ave., Hawthorne. California 90250.
Agreement to Official Rules
- Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decision of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- The Sweepstakes begins on May 21, 2021 at 12:01a.m. and ends on July 31, 2021 at 3:00p.m. (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries that are submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Sweepstakes using any of the following methods: Donation, On-site, Online, Via Mail
How to Enter
- Donation: Entrants making a donation (of $25 for 1 entry or $100 for 5 entries) either on-site or online at the sweepstakes website between the Sweepstakes Period may receive the aforementioned entry(ies) into the Sweepstakes.
- On-Site: This method of entry will be available during the Mychal's Annual Luncheon on Saturday, July 31st from 11:30a.m. - 3:00p.m. (PT) at the Westdrift Hotel, 1400 Parkview Ave., Manhattan Beach, California 90266.
- Online: This method of entry will be available by visiting our website http://e.givesmart.com/events/jON/page/lasvegassweepstakes/ and following the instructions provided to fill out the entry information and submit.
- Via Mail: To enter without making a donation, entrant must mail in a hand printed request. On a 3x5 card, handprint your full name, complete address, phone number (including area code) date of birth and email address and mail in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: Mychal's Learning Place attn: Las Vegas Sweepstakes 4901 W. Rosecrans Ave., Hawthorne, California 90250. Mail-in entries must be mailed in separately. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by July 31, 2021 and received by July 26, 2021. Each mail-in card will be considered one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, maximum one mail-in entry per household.
Regardless of the entry method used to enter the Sweepstakes, there is a limit of one hundred (100) entries per Entrant for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, and/or any other methods will void that Entrant's entry and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted by anyone other than the Entrant are void. In case of dispute as to the identity of any Entrant, entry will be declared made by the registered name and address on such entry. Any potential prize winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such person is the prize winner.
Neither Sponsor nor any Sweepstakes Entity is responsible for any entry that is lost, late, illegible, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, human error, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entity.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- On or about August 2, 2021, the Sponsor will select potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among the eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via telephone or email on or about August 2, 2021. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winning eligible entries.
- The potential winners will be notified by email, mail, or phone. Each potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to complete, electronically sign and submit a Declaration of Compliance within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the Declaration of Compliance within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If the potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent of legal guardian, who will be required to sign the Declaration of Compliance on the potential winners behalf and fulfill any other requirements imposed on the winner set forth herein. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
- Grand Prize of Las Vegas Sweepstakes including a 3 night stay at the Cosmopolitan hotel with $300 to their restaurant, STK, and transfers to and from the airport. Prize valid for booking until July 31, 2022. Void where prohibited. Must be 21 years or older. Non-transferable and non-negotiable. Management reserves all the rights. Block-out dates and some restrictions may apply. To redeem, you must contact Kelly Van Aken, at 702-630-9962 or Kelly.Vanaken@cosmopolitanlasvegas.com, prior to your visit and present this original voucher. Code Cosmo2013"Mychal's Learning Center."
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Sweepstakes and in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney's fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Release and Limitations of Liability
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including , but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Sweepstakes, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure of jumbled, scrambled, declared or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors (d) lost, late, incomplete, garbles, illegible, undelivered, stolen, damaged, delayed, postage-due, or misdirected mail, entries, application downloads (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Sweepstakes including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or (f) injury, death losses or damages or any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney's fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which could cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 4901 W. Rosecrans Ave., Hawthorne, California 90250. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above). For the Winner List, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.