Raritan Headwaters Association Stream Cleanup 2021
Volunteer Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the program, related events and activities, I the undersigned ("Volunteer"), acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. I am donating my time and services without any compensation and shall at no time be considered an employee or independent contractor of Raritan Headwaters Association (RHA) for this event. I hereby acknowledge that I have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms or any communicable disease symptoms within the last 14 days as set forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html . Further, I have not been, nor has any member of my household been, diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
2. I understand that Raritan Headwaters Association, (Releasee) does not require me to participate in these activities. There is a risk of injury from the activities involved in this program and I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the Releasee or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation and personal safety. I acknowledge that my participation may increase my risk for contracting COVID-19.
3. I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual and significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and immediately bring such to the attention of the nearest official. In the event of an emergency, I authorize Releasee' employees or agents to secure any treatment deemed necessary for my immediate care from any licensed hospital, physician, or medical personnel. I agree that I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services rendered.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, waive, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Releasee and their officers, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, partners, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any injury, hospitalization, disability, or death I may suffer, including that arising from my contracting and transmitting COVID-19 while participating in this activity or while using facilities in conjunction with this activity, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. Any dispute between RHA and me will be governed by the substantive laws of the State of New Jersey. Any action or proceeding arising hereunder shall be brought in the courts of the State of New Jersey.
Required Questions for On-line registration.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by registering for the event, and registered freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
FOR PARENTS/GUARDIAN OF PARTICIPANT OF MINOR AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION) This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releases, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability incidents to my minor child's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I grant to Raritan Headwaters Association (Releasee) and their representatives and employees, the right to take photographs and videos at this cleanup of me and of any minor participants for which I am the parent or guardian. I authorize Releasee, and their assigns and transferees, to use such photographs and videos, with or without names, for any lawful purpose, including such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content, and to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically.