Auction Frequently Asked Questions
When does the auction close?
The auction will close on Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
Is a credit card required to participate in the silent auction?
Yes, a pre-registered credit card is required to begin bidding. Credit cards on file will be processed on Monday, April 12, 2021. If you would like to complete payment through another method (i.e. check), please contact email@example.com
How can I keep active and know if I am outbid or have won an item?
You will be notified via text if you have been outbid. Keep an eye on your favorite items! If you are NOT receiving the text messages, make sure you have the correct mobile number under your profile. The texts will continue to notify you when you have been outbid or reached your maximum bid. When the auction closes, you will also receive a text message if you won any items.
What happens if I do not pay for my winning item(s)?
All balances must be paid in full before winning item(s) can be collected.
How will I collect my winnings?
The winner may either pick up winning item(s) from the National Cherry Blossom Festival office or have their items shipped to them. Should shipping be required, winner is responsible for all costs associated. All auction winners will be notified via email within one week of the close of the auction and provided details and instructions for item collection.
What happens if I do not pick up my winnings?
Any item(s) left unclaimed after 30 days, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to National Cherry Blossom Festival, Inc.
Are there any items that are not eligible for shipping?
Yes. Some items, including alcohol, are not eligible for shipping, regardless of the location of the winner.
National Cherry Blossom Festival, Inc. ("we" "us") provides you with the following details about the Auction. By bidding in this Auction, you agree to the following.
- Before the Auction bidding begins, you will provide to us your credit card information. We will use your credit card information only if you are a winning bidder, as detailed below, and will destroy that information after the Auction if you are not a winning bidder or immediately after using it to charge the amount of your winning bid or bids.
- If you are the highest bidder for an Auction item ("Winning Bidder"), you agree to purchase that Auction item ("Winning Item").
- You will receive a text notification informing you that you are a Winning Bidder. Credit cards on file will be processed on Monday, April 12, 2021.
- We will provide Winning Bidders with a receipt via email reflecting the amount of the winning bid paid and the estimated fair market value of the Winning Item. Unless otherwise noted, Auction items have not been appraised. The amount you pay for the Winning Item above its estimated fair market value is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution, but please consult your tax adviser about deductions.
- All sales are final and we will not exchange Winning Items or refund to you the amount of your winning bid.
- All Auction items are provided "as is" and we and the Auction item donor do not warrant or represent anything about the Auction items.
- Unless specified, all certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities and must be used within one year of the Auction date.
- We may add or withdraw Auction items without notice.
- You assume all risks related to the Auction and Auction items.