Said to be the LeBron James of transplant surgeons, renowned kidney transplant surgeon, Dr. William Goggins, has performed over 2,600 kidney transplants in his career!
Dr. Goggins is interesting and delightful to speak with, and is prepared to answer your behind-the-transplant-scene questions with insight and humor. Plus, Dr. Goggins has plenty of funny and heartfelt stories of being a transplant doctor in one of the busiest kidney transplant programs in the United States
He says, "I love transplant surgery because you are part of the healing process. If you do an operation well, patients are restored to normal kidney function and they get their life back."
Dr. William Goggins is the surgical director of the IU Health kidney transplant program. He earned his medical degree from St. Louis University School of Medicine and completed
his internship and residency at Medical College of Virginia - Virginia Commonwealth University. He completed a clinical fellowship in transplantation at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
He has been honored by the National Kidney Foundation of Indiana and many other organizations for his contributions to his field and community.
This 15 minute Zoom call is perfect for aspiring medical students and anyone that wants to chat and get to know this renowned surgeon!
Call details are as follows:
- Zoom call is for 15 minutes
- Zoom call may include up to five (5) people on the end of the purchasing party.
- Zoom call will be set up and monitored by an NKFI staff member. Call can be ended by NKFI in the event of any behavior or comments deemed inappropriate by this staff member.
- Call is to be completed within six (6) months from the date of purchase.
- NKFI will mediate a date and time that is agreeable to both parties of the Zoom call within six weeks of purchase date.
- Recording, screen grabs, or distribution of the session is strictly prohibited unless otherwise approved by the donor.
Donated By Dr. William Goggins