Have questions about this year's virtual Gala? Need more info about how to use the GiveSmart platform? Check out our FAQs below!
Who is this event open to?
Anyone who wants to tune in and support the work of Catholic Charities for the Diocese of Green Bay! Whether you are a previous Catholic Charities Gala donor, have never been to the event, are just becoming familiar with our services, or have been helped by our staff in the past, you're invited to be a part of this evening of hope and inspiration. (Even if you live outside the 16 counties of our diocese!)
How much does it cost to attend?
Whether you're "Excited," "Passionate," or "Inspired" by the work of Catholic Charities, there's a ticket level for you! Starting at $5, the different ticket levels are just one way your attendance contributes toward the programs and offerings of Catholic Charities. After you're registered for the event, the service auction and silent auction items will be made live the week of the Gala and you can start bidding.
What does the schedule for the evening look like?
- Thursday, May 27, 2021, at 8 PM - Join us for a live, virtual Gala with emcees Michele McCormack, Anchor with WFRV-TV 5, and Karmen Lemke, Director of Catholic Charities, with special guest, Bishop David Ricken.
- 7:45 PM - Livestream starts, featuring music by local youth artist JaymeAnn Olson. This is a great time to tune in and test your technology for the event.
- 8:00 PM - The Gala begins with a welcome, an overview of the evening, and why it's so important and wonderful that you're joining us! We'll also introduce our exciting silent-auction items, including: a canvas picture of Bishop Ricken with Pope Francis, Dinner with Bishop Ricken (+ 8 guests), an Ariens snowblower, and a weekend getaway in Door County.
- 8:10-8:40 PM - We'll share a number of stories of how Catholic Charities has creatively responded to COVID-19 and continued to serve those most in need during the pandemic, the lives that are being impacted by the work our staff does each day, and how we're adapting and mobilizing to serve more people in our communities by 2025. You'll also learn more about our service auction items, the vital needs they address in our diocese, and how you can support the services that most inspire you!
- 8:40 PM - "Drop Kick Me Jesus," story and song by Bishop Ricken (You definitely don't want to miss this.)
- 8:45 PM - Close silent auction and announce the winners of these fabulous items and experiences.
- 8:50 PM - Closing remarks and thank yous.
- 9:00 PM - Livestream ends, but the service auction items are still open so keep bidding!
- 9:30 PM - Service auction items are closed.
Where do the funds raised from this event go?
Catholic Charities thanks all of our sponsors for their generosity and support! In addition to the annual Bishop's Appeal, United Way, fees for services, investment income, and contract awards, we must still rely on the additional generosity of others to make up approximately 19% of our $2.8 million operating budget. This Gala is an effort to make that up and to work to build financial sustainability. By attending this event, you are making a difference in the life of another!
Why did you make this a virtual event?
We prayerfully considered whether or not to have the Gala in person, but in January when the planning began we decided this path was best based on experts' advice, the uncertainty of COVID-19, and if people would be comfortable attending. We are all looking forward to being back in person for next year's Gala, and for now, we continue to be grateful and inspired by your support and hope that even more people can tune in and learn about the important work of Catholic Charities.
While our Gala this year is virtual, our services to those in need had little to no interruption throughout all of the pandemic. Our dedicated team has continued to meet the needs of our communities through a combination of telehealth services as well as in-person visits, truly meeting our clients where they are.
What technology do I need to participate in this event?
Our Gala will be available for registered attendees to view on a smartphone, tablet, computer, or smart TV. Anywhere you can access the internet you'll be able to tune in, but we definitely recommend the largest screen you have for optimal viewing and enjoyment! There are several ways you can view the Gala livestream:
- The livestream will be accessible from: ccinspired.givesmart.com. If this link changes as we get closer to the event, we will update the information and instructions provided below.
- View using a split-screen on a desktop computer or tablet. This option will allow you to view the livestream on the right side of your screen, and bid on items, make a donation, and click through the event website on the left side of the screen.
- Stream using your smart TV. Here are a few options to view on a larger screen:
- Go to your web browser on your smart TV and go to: ccinspired.givesmart.com.
- Cast or mirror the Gala website from your phone, tablet, or another device onto your television.
- Plug a computer into your television with an HDMI cable and use the computer to go to ccinspired.givesmart.com.
- If you have an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV, a PlayStation, or an Xbox, you likely can access the internet utilizing these devices and visit ccinspired.givesmart.com.
- Still can't get anything to work? You can always watch on your computer or tablet and visit this link: ccinspired.givesmart.com
- If you have some of the technology/devices listed above but aren't quite sure how to work them or connect to the Gala livestream, perhaps there is a tech-savvy student, friend, or relative who can help you.
If you still have questions or want to feel more confident that you'll be able to access the Gala livestream, please email email@example.com, and we'll work on some troubleshooting options. If it's May 27th and you are having issues, we will be sharing a phone number you can call for tech assistance.
What if I have computer problems?
We will share a contact number you can call during the event to help troubleshoot any technical issues.
How does the service auction work?
With your help, Catholic Charities will be present in greater ways to those who seek adoption and family support services, immigration services, and mental and financial health counseling. On Friday, May 21, you can start taking a closer look and preview the service auction items. On Monday, May 24, you can begin "bidding" on service auction items by making a direct donation to the various programs and initiatives. We hope that you're inspired to act by generously giving to the Catholic Charities services that most inspire you! It's through your support that we're able to bring this lifeline of hope to people throughout northeastern Wisconsin.
How do I bid on the silent auction items?
Once you buy a ticket and register, and starting Friday, May 21, you can bid on items right from your phone, computer, or other mobile device! Browse the Silent Auction and choose from the great items you'd like to bid on, including a canvas picture of Bishop Ricken with Pope Francis, Dinner with Bishop Ricken (+ 8 guests), an Ariens snowblower, and a weekend getaway in Door County. Place your bid on a selected item, with an option of setting a maximum bid. You will be notified on your smartphone if you have been outbid.
Please CLICK HERE to watch a short video on "How To Bid With GiveSmart."
Can I just donate if I'm unable to view the livestream or participate due to other plans?
Of course, and we thank you for your generous support! Simply click the "Donate" tab at the top of this webpage and then select the "Click to Donate" item to make a tax-deductible donation.
What if I still have more questions?
Please call us at (920) 272-8234 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to answer your question! We'll also update this page as more information becomes available closer to the event.