Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get set up to participate in the auction?
Registering online is easy!
- When viewing any item, click the "REGISTER NOW" button under the item description
- Fill out your bidder information
- Create a password, & check the boxes for terms and conditions and text messages (you will want be notified about items you bid on)
- Finally, just click 'Create my GiveSmart account'
If you already have a GiveSmart account, simply click "Sign In" on the item, and log into your existing account.
How can I bid on items, make a donation, and purchase raffle tickets or instant items?
Bidding is easy -- and fun, too!
View Detailed Bidding Instructions, or check out this 3 minute video on How To Bid
Do I have to use a phone to bid or can I participate using my computer?
You can participate in the auction from a computer, tablet or phone, it's up to you!
- After you log in to your GiveSmart account, click "ITEMS" at the top of the page to view the auction and start bidding. You can filter these by the type of itemstuff you are interested in by clicking the 'Categories' button.
- Click the item you'd like to bid on, then enter your bid in the open text field (make sure it is higher than the current minimum amount) and click "Bid".
- If you have opted-in to receive text messages, you will receive a text if you are outbid.
Can I view items before deciding if I want to bid?
Yes! Starting on Friday, 11/13, 9:00am (CT), you will be able to click "ITEMS" at the top of this page and preview our fabulous auction items. You can also "watch" items by clicking the yellow star on any item page. Easily access items you're watching or have bid on from the "My Activity" page
Will you need my credit card information?
Yes, a credit card number will be required to bid. Go to MY INFO to add a card on file now to be ready to bid.
I'm not very tech-savvy, will I have a hard time participating?
We don't think so! The bidding platform is very user-friendly and will walk you through the entire process.
If you need help, though, please contact AUCTION MANAGER at EMAIL.
If I win, how will I get my items?
If you win an item in the auction, you will receive an email with information on item redemption.
Some items will qualify to be emailed or mailed to your home, others will require you to schedule a pick-up time. Please be patient as pick-up arrangements are dependent upon local COVID-19 restrictions. Other items may be eligible to be shipped for an additional fee.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have a question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does Checkout work?
If you are the winning bid of an auction item, or participated in the raffle or the wine pull, you can securely checkout on your own. Click the PAY tab to pay your balance at any time.
A text with the link to pay will also be sent to all bidders with a balance on file at the end of the auction.
Any unpaid balances will be charged to the card on file on Tuesday at 12:00PM. If you would like to arrange alternate form of payment, please contact Cheryl Olivier at email@example.com or 281-494-5959 before that time.