Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register?
- Yes! In order to participate in the online auction for the Lincoln Park Conservancy, you must make an account with GiveSmart.
- Simply click "Register Now" at the top of this page if you are new to the site, or "Sign In" if you have a previously established account.
How do I bid?
Once you have completed your registration, you will receive the welcome text message, linking you to the items to browse, bid or buy.
- Click on the blue link in the Welcome text to be directed to the Items page.
- View Items by category or search by Item number or name.
- Click the item of interest to view the description as well as the current bid and or price.
- The system will auto-populate the bid amount based on the set increment for the item.
- Choose to bid at the set amount or higher.
- Click Bid.
I won! How will I receive my items?
- Items that can be sent virtually will be sent to the email address provided.
- Items that can be mailed easily (gift certificates) will be mailed to the address provided.
- Other items can be picked up locally during designated pick-up days. Conservancy staff will reach out to you via email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to schedule a pick-up day.
- Alcohol and fine art cannot be shipped
Can I make a donation without bidding?
- Yes! Click the "Donate" button on top of our event web-page. You can also participate in the virtual paddle raise found on our event web-page.
Are my Donations Tax Deductible?
The Lincoln Park Conservancy is a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law. This year under the CARES Act, all charitable donations are federally deductible up to $300- whether you itemize your taxes or take the standard deduction and, for those who itemize, up to 100% AGI is deductible for charitable contributions.
For auction items, the tax-deductible amount is calculated based on the total winning bid amount, less the item's fair market value (FMV); and in many cases winning bids are less than FMV and, therefore, not deductible. You will receive a donation acknowledgment letter from the Conservancy related to your donation by August 1st.
If, due to unforeseen circumstances, any item presented in the Lincoln Park Conservancy silent auction becomes unavailable, the total winning bid amount can be converted into a fully tax-deductible contribution or a refund can be issued.
If you have any questions regarding the items, online bidding, or making a donation, please contact us at email@example.com or call (773) 883-7275 x204