Frequently Asked Questions
**Maintaining the health and safety of our friends is important to us at the Community Foundation. All items may be subject to change due to COVID-19 safety mutually agreed between winner and item donor.
Can anyone participate in the Online Auction?
The auction is open to everyone 18 years and older. You must be 21 years and older to bid on any alcohol-related auction package.
To participate in the Auction from the convenience of your home, you just need to register on CB2021.givesmart.com or Text 'CB2021" to 76278. Click here for more information about how to register. Bidders will be responsible for paying immediately upon winning, and any shipping costs or coordinate pick-up of their items/certificates from the Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi (CFNM) in Hernando, Mississippi. Instructions will be sent to the winners after the auction closes. (Only domestic shipping can be provided.)
We encourage you to share the link with your friends and family.
What time does the auction close?
The auction will close Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 9 PM.
Can anyone make a donation to the Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi?
Yes, Donations can be made by Text to Give. Registered users Text 'Give' or 'Donate' space type the amount without $ sign to 76278, Others can Text 'CB2021' to 76278 and follow the prompts. A Donate Button at top of the event page is available to click for donations and a Donate Now is available on the event page to complete a donation. Click here for additional information on "How to Make a Monetary Donation".
May I pay by check or other methods of payment?
Upon registering, you will be asked to provide credit card information. Bidders will need to authorize their winning bid charges to that credit card immediately after the auction closes. Any remaining balances will be charged to your card on file on Monday, January 18, 2021 at 5 pm.
If you would like to make arrangements for an alternate payment method please call 662-449-5002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Monday, January 18, 2021 at 5pm. The Community Foundation accepts cash, check, stock and bank transfers. Please send check payments to CFNM c/o Crystal Ball 315 Losher, Suite 100, Hernando, Mississippi 38632.
How do I pick up my items or have them shipped to me?
To receive your items, payment must be received in order to coordinate delivery/pick-up of your item. Within the week following the closing of the auction, we will contact you regarding your preference for delivery versus in-person pick-up in Hernando, MS.
Delivery charges are the responsibility of the winning bidder.
**If CFNM is not contacted by 3/1/21 for (pick-up, delivery or shipping) on an item, the item will be forfeited and will be used again to benefit CFNM.**
How do I start and continue my bidding?
Browse the Auction and start bidding using your mobile device on your favorite items! Place your bid on selected items, set a maximum bid if desired, and GiveSmart will continue to keep you in the running until you reach your maximum bid. Click here for Bidding Instructions.
How can I keep active and know if I am outbid or have won an item?
You will be notified via text if you have been outbid. Keep an eye on your favorite items! If you are NOT receiving the text messages, make sure you have the correct mobile number under your profile. The texts will continue to notify you when you have been outbid or reached your maximum bid. When the auction closes, you will also receive a text message if you won any items.
I've mistakenly placed a bid. What do I do?
Please ask for assistance from our team by calling 662-449-5002.
I'm having difficulties using GiveSmart. Are there steps I can follow to make sure I'm able to bid?
Please see GiveSmart video and information below to view instructions for registering and making auction bids.
Thank you for your support of the Crystal Ball 2021 Virtual Gala. Please check back for updates. For all other questions, please email email@example.com.
- All winning bids are final.
- There will be no exchange or refund on items unless otherwise specified.
- Please make payments in full or alternate payment arrangements by 5 pm Monday, January 18, 2021.
- Your item(s) must be paid in full prior to arranging pick-up or shipping. Within the week following the closing of the auction, we will contact you regarding your preference for delivery versus in-person pick-up in Hernando, MS.
- Delivery charges are the responsibility of the buyer.
- If CFNM is not contacted by 3/01/21 for (pick-up, delivery or shipping) on an item, the item will be forfeited and will be utilized again to benefit CFNM.
- Please carefully check your items upon pick-up and delivery.
- CFNM is not responsible for replacing gift certificates lost after pick up or delivery.
- CFNM is under no obligation to extend, modify or change items or restrictions on item certificates. Please pay careful attention to all conditions, restrictions and expiration dates on items and services.
- Unless otherwise stated, gift certificates exclude alcohol, tax and gratuity.
- Dates for all trips and similar events must be mutually arranged with the donor.
- All gift card usage is the responsibility of the buyer.
- Although the gift card and amount is currently valid, CFNM will not be held responsible for unused gift cards at businesses that may cease to operate prior to the expiration date.
- CFNM has endeavored to catalogue and describe the auction items correctly, but all items are sold "as is."
- No statements contained in the program or elsewhere shall be deemed a warranty, representation or assumption of liability.
- CFNM reserves the right to withdraw any item from sale.
- Items depicted are for illustration purposes and may not be actual auction items.
- Maintaining the health and safety of our friends is important to us at the Community Foundation. All items may be subject to change due to COVID-19 safety mutually agreed between winner and item donor.
- Auction will close Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 9 PM.
THANK YOU FOR BIDDING!