What is the Benefit Gala?
Loyola's annual Spring Benefit Gala is our most important fundraiser and crucial to our bold mission as proceeds from the event are used to augment financial assistance thereby ensuring that a Loyola education is accessible to all deserving students.
How will my cell phone and email be used?
Your cell phone number and email address will be used respectfully and only for the auction. Your contact information will be used to share information about the event, status of your bids, assist you with a self-checkout process, acknowledge your support of the auction, and distribute your auction winnings. If you wish, you may unsubscribe from text messages at any time.
What is my personal bidding account?
When you register for the event, you will receive a confirmation text and email message. The link provided is your personal bidding account. Click the link to complete your user profile and add a credit card for bidding.
Do not share links sent to you from the GiveSmart system unless you want others bidding on your account and with your credit card.
How do I reset my username and password?
If you need to reset you username and password, here are the easy steps:
1. Click 'Sign In' within a campaign site
2. Click the blue 'Forgot Username or Password'
3. Enter your mobile number used with your ticket or registration
4. Click 'Send Pin'
5. Enter the pin sent to you via text
6. Update username and/or password
7. Click 'Save and Sign In'
Once updated and saved you will land on the auction home page as a registered user and will not need to sign-in.
If you need assistance logging in, there is a Live Chat button to the bottom left of the screen available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
How do I Browse, Bid, & Buy?
All bidding will be done electronically on any mobile device or computer. You will receive a text or email when the silent auction is open for bidding. Simply click on the link, sign in if necessary using the cell phone provided at registration, and start bidding. Click HERE for a short video explaining how to bid.
From your personal bidding account, please note the following:
· Opening Bid: An opening bid is a starting point and is less than the fair market value of the donated item. So bid often and bid up!
· Place Bid: The system automatically enters the next minimum bid amount or you may choose to enter a bid amount higher than the minimum raise. Click the green "Bid" button to place your bid.
· Auto Bid: An auto bid can be placed and set at the maximum amount you are willing to spend. With Auto Bid, the system will place your bid at the minimum amount needed to lead. When you are outbid, the system will bid automatically for you until your maximum is reached or the auction ends. Click the green "Bid" button to place your bid. You may change your maximum bid at any time.
· Watch this Item: Clicking the star by "Watch this Item" will add the item to the "My Activity" list.
· My Activity: Clicking on the "My Activity" button will give you a snapshot of the bids you have placed and the items in which you are interested.
· Timestamps are set when the initial bid is placed; for auto-bids, this is when a maximum was set.
· When two bids are placed for the same amount, the bid placed first based on the timestamp takes precedence.
What if I have questions about bidding?
If you have any questions about online bidding, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We will monitor the online bidding closely and be able to answer any questions or fix any issues.
Why do I need to put my credit card on file?
Credit cards are required to ensure all pledge proceeds from the fundraiser are received.
If you did not add a credit card when registering, you will be prompted to do so when you make your first bid or instant buy purchase. Visit the campaign and sign in with your username and password or follow the link you received from GiveSmart when you registered to add a credit card. You can add or remove credit cards attached to your user account at any time.
How do I make payment items for items I won?
Immediately following the close of all auction categories you will receive a text message to begin the self-checkout process. You may pay by clicking on the self-checkout text and following the instructions. The self-checkout feature will allow you to pay with the credit card on file, or you may choose to enter a different credit card for payment.
Credit cards on file will be charged the day following the auction for any outstanding balances. After the auction closes, if you wish payment to be made in a method other than a credit card, you must contact us immediately at email@example.com
What should I know before bidding?
· Descriptions provide you a brief overview of the item, expiration dates and restrictions, venue locations, and methods of delivery. Every effort has been made to describe the auction items accurately. All items are sold "as is" and all sales are final. Please read all descriptions carefully, and take note of conditions and limitations.
· Winners must contact donors to redeem prizes in a timely manner prior to the expiration date. Contact information is provided on the certificate or gift card mailed or emailed to you.
· Please check certificates for expiration dates.
· Certificates and gift cards are often original documents and cannot be replaced if lost.
How will I know if I won an item?
Winners will be notified via text and email after the auction category closes. The Raffle winner will be announced on Sunday, April 25th at 8:00 pm.
How will I obtain an item I won?
All items can be picked up on Friday, April 30th or Friday, May 7th between 9:00 am-4:00 pm at Loyola School.
If you cannot pick up your item on either of those dates, tickets or gift certificates, can be mailed or emailed to you to the mailing address or email provided when you registered.
Physical auction items cannot be mailed or shipped. If you cannot pick up the physical item on either of those dates, please contact the Advancement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date and time the item can be picked up.
What happens if an experience I won is canceled?
Winners must contact donors to redeem prizes in a timely manner prior to the expiration date. If an item you won is canceled due to COVID-related adherence to public safety guidelines, please contact the advancement office immediately. We will work with you to provide an alternate resolution if rescheduling is not feasible.