This year we are hosting the Saint Agnes Smiles & Miles 5K Run/Walk from our own homes, streets, and neighborhoods. In the midst of these unprecedented times, we are still committed to honor the memories of Maria Schaffstein and Katie Stewart.
Here are the most common questions you might have about this year's event, our first "Virtual Race"!
Smiles and Miles Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a virtual race and how does it work? A virtual race can be run or walked anywhere, indoors or out. Register at www.Smiles20.givesmart.com complete the distance between Friday September 11, through Sunday,September 20, 2020. Everyone (old, young, fast and slow) is invited to participate. You do not have to be in the NKY area, share with all friends and family to support the students of Saint Agnes School!
2. How do I track and report my distance/ time? The results are reported on the honor system, we trust you. Track the distance in a way that is best for you. Feel free to use a GPS watch, Fitness App on your phone or a map. Once completed, submit it to us through the Facebook page (Smiles & Miles - Maria Schaffstein 5K) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos are welcomed. If you report via email and would not like for your name to posted on social media, please let us know, we respect your wishes. Once your results are submitted you will be registered for a prize drawing.
3. What if I participate in multiple events? The total distance of the 5K must be completed at one time. If you, or your family, would like to participate in both the Smiles and Miles 5K and the Frog Hop Family Challenge, your miles logged for the 5K can count towards the completion of the Frog Hop.
1. How do I register? Go to www.Smiles20.givesmart.com for the full list of events. Choose from Individual or Family 5K event and click through the prompts to complete the required information. You can register for both the 5K and Frog Hop Family Challenge.
2. How many people can be included in my family group? We ask that family groups for the 5K event be limited to 5 individuals.
3. Bibs? Because this is a virtual event that will be self-timed and reported, we will not have race bibs this year. If you would like to create your own bib, please feel free. Make sure that it is included in the picture you submit or post. We want to see how creative you are.
1. How do I pick up my packet?