About Girl's Inc of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- Girl's Inc.'s mission is to inspire and empower all girls to be strong, smart and bold.
- Girls Inc. programs for girls ages 6 - 18 focus on leadership and community service; science, technology and math; financial literacy; early reading literacy; sports; culture and heritage; promoting healthy lifestyles and decision making; and media literacy. ?
- We have been working to empower girls in the Philadelphia region since 1961, originally as Teen Aid, Inc. and in 2002 we affiliated with Girls Inc.?
- Over 2,000 girls participate in the programs annually.
Each year Girls Inc. surveys over 4,600 girls across 56 Girls Inc. affiliates through the Strong, Smart, and Bold Outcomes Survey (SSBOS). The data collected through the SSBOS is extremely valuable as we work together to provide all girls with a high quality Girls Inc. experience and to make a measurable difference in their lives.
Below are the results from Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey participants:
- 98% of girls feel that they can make a difference in their communities
- 95% of girls report there is an adult at Girls Inc. who helps them think about their future
- 86% of girls think about who they will be when they are older
- 85% of girls think science is fun and interesting
- 96% of girls report that they learn to make a difference in the world at Girls Inc.
VISIT GIRLS INC