Giving Kids Hope Auction Directions
1. Register with GiveSmart: If you haven't already, please visit the website to enter your name, phone number, and credit card for a seamless checkout.
2. Personal Bidding Link: Once registered, you will receive a text message with your personal bidding link. Do not share this link as it is tied to your account only.
3. Auction Site: Click the blue link in the text to view the auction items up for bid. You can arrange by category or search for items directly.
4. Auction Packages: Select any item of interest to view the item's full description as well as the current bid and/or price.
5. Bidding: GiveSmart will automatically enter a bid amount for all items, select "bid" to bid at this amount or enter a custom bid that is larger than the current bid, then select "bid." If your bid is accepted, you will receive a confirmation message.
6. Auto Bid: You have the option to place an auto bid, which enables the system to automatically bid up to a designated amount for you. The system will bid incrementally up to this amount as long as someone bids against you. If no one bids against your auto-bid, the price will remain the same.
7. Outbid: If you are outbid at any time, you will receive a text message. A banner will also appear over the item image to indicate if you are winning or losing.
8. Donations: If you wish to make a donation, click on the donation tab, enter the amount you wish to give, and select donate.
9. Payment: Once the auction has ended, you will receive a text message with instructions on how to pay or claim your item(s) at check-out. Click on the link to direct you to your pay page. You can also click on the pay tab located at the top of your screen. After reviewing your cart, click "click here to pay." If you pre-registered with your credit card, you can pay with that card or select "pay with new card."
10. Receipt: Once the payment has been made, a receipt will be sent to the email address you provided. If we do not have your email, click "send statement link to my email." You can also download your receipt. If any changes need to be made to your receipt, please notify us BEFORE processing your payment, so they can make the necessary corrections.