The WKYC Bus Stop Forecast Kids package entitles the winner to have up to four (4) children between the ages of 4 and 12 featured in WKYC's Bus Stop Forecast Kids weather segments. Kids will be videotaped at the studios wearing seasonal clothing, and the clips will air in rotation for approximately three months. Covid-19 may delay the recording.
Enjoy a fun guy's weekend with dinner at Fleming's Steakhouse in Akron, followed by a unique experience clay shooting at Hill N' Dale Outdoor Club. Toast to your day with drinks at Blue Heron Brewery in Medina.
- $150 gift card to Fleming's Steakhouse in Akron, OH
- Join David Minich for an afternoon of fun at the Hill N' Dale Outdoor Club. Enjoy a round of sporting clays for you and two friends. No experience is needed and the necessary gear will be provided. The date and time must be mutually agreed upon.
- $50 gift card to Blue Heron in Medina, OH
This auction item includes a small group up to four people with a "VIP Behind-the-Scenes Tour of the University Innovation Center and Makerspace". Time and details will be determined by the winner together with the leadership of the innovation center. A take-away making activity is possible for certain group sizes if the tour is held after pandemic restrictions are lifted.
After your group tinkers away, enjoy dinner at Hyde Park Steak House with a $150 gift certificate.
Sears think[box] at Case Western Reserve University is a center for innovation and entrepreneurship that bridges the gap between new ideas and real-world impact. This iconic, seven-story, 50,000-square-foot facility features a world-renowned maker space for prototyping ideas as well as a full spectrum of resources for entrepreneurs to build and grow their business ventures and not-for-profit organizations. Uniquely, this space is free and open to the public and serves as a nexus for collaborations from science and engineering, business and law, art and design, by innovators from around the world.
Chef Brandt Evans will come and cook right in front of you for eight people all in the comfort of your OWN home.
Let Chef Brandt cook and show you all the tricks to making a great meal. He will even do the dishes!!
Chef Brandt Evans:
Owner BKM Hospitality LLC, Pura Vida by Brandt / Partner chef of Blue Canyon kitchen and tavern / Comida restaurant.
Chef Brandt Evans is one of Ohio's top chefs. He has received numerous accolades since 2002 following the opening of his first restaurant, Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern in Twinsburg, Ohio.
His love for the culinary arts began at age 16, as he entered into his first job at Starboard Tack. He went on to train at the Culinary Institute of America and with a fresh diploma tackled the stove at Charlie Palmer's Manhattan restaurant, "Alva". There he perfected his technique and waited for the perfect opportunity to break free from convention.
Returning home to Cleveland Evans began creating the menu for "Kosta's", a newly opened restaurant, where he combined the ethnic flavors of Manhattan with the cold winter comfort foods of Northeast Ohio. Following Kosta's he opened "Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern" where his new signature Creative American Cuisine grew exponentially. Evans currently owns restaurants in Twinsburg, Ohio; Missoula and Kalispell, Montana.
He was recently one of eight chefs nationwide chosen to be a Chef Ambassador for The Wisconsin Cheese Board. In 2009 and 2010, he won Grand Champion Akron Canton Super Bowl Chef, which allowed him to showcase his recipes as the Pro Football Hall of Fame's representative at the 2010 and 2011 Taste of the NFL event. In addition, Evans was acknowledged as being the "Top Chef" at St John West Shore Festival of the Arts 2008 and 2009. He has also reached out to the community through publications in Better Homes and Gardens, Plate Magazine, and his monthly column in Living Magazine. Evans also represented the finest cuisine in Cleveland when he appeared on the Food Network and Celebrity Cooking Stage of the Fabulous Food Show in 2008.
Driven by a passion for food, he is committed to expanding the flavors of any dish beyond the plate with his custom Blue Canyon wines. He has traveled around the world to personally pick and blend fruits that compliment several of his signature dishes. He strives to produce the most tantalizing experience for the taste buds and continues to exhibit his ability to do so.
Chef Brandt Evans is known for his extraordinary palate and warm personality at charity fundraisers and community events. He looks forward to using his experience and expertise to create new concepts and opportunities in the culinary world.
Chef Brandt is currently Chef-partner of Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern in Twinsburg Ohio. He launched his new company, BKM Hospitality LLC, in June of 2010. This restaurant management company launched its first of many projects in downtown Cleveland in the former May Co Building. Opened in June of 2011, named "Pura Vida," (translate to Pure Life, the motto of the restaurant) and ready to introduce Public Square to gourmet breakfast, distinctive lunch and coining the name "Urban Picnic" which introduced a new style of dining for NE Ohio.
Pura Vida offers the opportunity for Chef Brandt to showcase his culinary talents with an aggressively creative menu, craft beverages and piece together direction for upcoming restaurant and hospitality industry hopefuls while offering growth for the many careers he has encouraged as a true mentor in the industry.
2019 Chef Brandt Evans opened a new restaurant located in downtown Hudson, Ohio called Comida / tortilla - tequila -whiskey. The menu will show case creative tacos and rice bowls and Chef Brandt's culinary spin on Mexican inspired food.
Ultimate Broadway for 2
Private Meet and Greet with Cast Members for a Pre-Show Dinner, Broadway Tickets, 2-Night Stay for 2.
Good through 2022.
This Experience Includes:
- Private meet and greet with 2 cast members at a pre-show dinner
- 2 mezzanine tickets to your choice of shows: Ain't Too Proud, Aladdin, Beetlejuice, Chicago, Come From Away, Mean Girls, Moulin Rouge, The Book of Mormon, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera and Wicked
- In-theater meet and greet with a cast member following the show
- 2-night stay in a standard guest room at Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, or comparable hotel
- Winspire booking & concierge service
Pre-Show Dinner with Cast Members and Broadway Show Tickets
Enjoy a 3-course, prix-fixe dinner (not including alcohol) at a popular Theater District restaurant. Two cast members from the Broadway show you'll be seeing will join you for dinner. You'll be entertained with fascinating backstage anecdotes, personal career stories, lots of conversation, and photos and autographs. Following the show, enjoy a private in-theater meet and greet with a cast member!
Note: Participating cast members have minor roles and/or are in the ensemble. Additional tickets may be purchased. Shows subject to change. Not available major holidays.
- Enjoy a 2-night stay in a standard guest room in hotel accommodations such as the Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, or comparable.
2020 Blackout dates: Apr 17-19; Sep 21-22; Nov 17-18; Dec 31. Additional dates may apply.
Winspire Booking & Concierge Service
- Winspire provides a team of seasoned travel professionals who will help you redeem your experience. All travel related details and reservations are handled for every part of your Winspire experience. Operating as a full-service travel agency, Winspire can assist with extra hotel nights, airfare, and additional guests. This service also provides you with an established network of onsite contacts who can help you book additional experiences, activities and tours.
- Must be booked a minimum of 60 days in advance. Reservations are subject to availability. Certificates cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. All purchases are non-refundable. Packages cannot be resold. Ground transportation is not included. Does not include transportation or other travel expenses.
Enjoy a case of 2018 Gregory James Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer George's III Vineyard, Napa County all for yourself! Includes delivery to your home.
Fruit Source: Rutherford Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III
Bottled: April 30, 2020
Harvested: October 12, 2018
Final Chemistry: 6.8 g/L TA, 3.68 pH. 14.2% Alcohol
Cases produced: 130
The Vineyard: Georges Latour was convinced the Napa Valley could be home to some of the finest wines in the world. He purchased the famed Beaulieau Vineyards and secured the talents of Andre Tschelischev. Andre was charged with the creation of the BV wines and maintaining word class level farming and keeping it all in the French tradition. Farming is controlled by the well-known viticulturist Andrew Beckstoffer. The soils are well drained alluvial gravelly clay loam with ideal climate and exposure. The vines are meticulously tended.
Winemaking: The fruit is picked by hand while being inspected cluster by cluster. Any fruit not in spec is discarded. The picking is done during the overnight hours, covered and brought to the cellar cold. They are then destemmed and placed into small individual fermentation bins. At each step, the individual clusters are examined for flaws.
The yeasts are indigenous. Extraction is punched down by hand multiple times per day and evening. Fermentation kinetics are monitored carefully, and the must is evaluated continuously for varietal character, aromas, flavors, and phenolic display (texture). This was adjusted by moving the bins from a cold room to sunlight and shuttling to insure optimal characteristics. Immediately following the completion of the primary ferment, proprietary malolactic culture was introduced to enable to secondary ferment.
The must was pressed very lightly, and the free run and light press fractions were combined, allowed to settle, then racked by gravity to barrel. The wood chosen was 100% New French oak. Wood grain varied from medium to tight and roast levels were quite varied. The oak used was specifically chosen like those used in the finest Bordeaux.
Tasting Notes: Aromas and flavors are varied, multiple and concentrated with cassis, black currant, black cherry, raspberry sorbet with hints of Rutherford dust. This very traditional cabernet shows discrete and fleeting hints of sage and fine herb. This leads to intense concentration of fruit together with spice, vanilla, and toasty oak. The texture is firm, fresh, and rich pleasing medium body with a long lingering finish.
Enjoy a long weekend in Napa Valley with an exclusive private winery tour and tasting at Gamble Family vineyards, a private tasting at Skipstone Winery and two bottles of Skipstone Winery's Oliver's Blend Cabernet Sauvignon. Top off the weekend with a charcuterie and wine tasting for two at Jordan Winery.
Exclusive Gamble Family Vineyards Private Winery Tour
- Up to 6 guests will enjoy a personal and private tasting including cheese and charcuterie at Gamble Family Vineyards historic Lincoln Ranch in Oakville, CA. Surrounded by vineyards and rolling hills with 120-year-old barns, the historic property features a beautiful and bucolic venue that is truly Napa Valley, the way it used to be. Relax, taste and enjoy the company of your loved ones. The tasting also includes one take-away magnum (1.5L) of our signature CAIRO Cabernet Sauvignon
Skipstone Winery's Private Estate Tour and Tasting
- Up to 6 guests can enjoy a private, seated experience hosted at our scenic property in the hills of Alexander valley. Included is a sampling of Skipstone's current releases made by acclaimed winemaker Philippe Melka. We are not open to the public and all of our experiences are high touch and relaxed.
Skipstone Winery's Oliver's Blend Cabernet Sauvignon
- Oliver's Blend is our main production wine and is Cabernet Sauvignon dominant. The 2018 Vintage of this wine is actually 100% Cab.
- Tasting notes: A blend of black cherry, lilac, and lavender aromas waft from the glass. Bursting with vibrant blue and red fruits, the impact of this glorious wine is felt immediately. The depth and complexity of this wine gradually builds through the midpalate as flavors of cocoa, black fig paste, and fresh-cut cedar emerge, and reaches a crescendo during a finish that persists for 60 seconds, carrying its fine-grained tannins gracefully. A wine of pure class and refinement that speaks to the soul of Skipstone and reflects the terroir of our hillside Las Rocas Vineyard. Best from 2022 through 2040. Enjoy now with a recommended 2+ hour decant.
Jordan Winery Tasting for Two
- Experience the warm hospitality and elegant ambiance of a seated food and wine pairing at Jordan Winery. You'll taste a delicious trio of small-batch salumis from their neighbors at Journeyman Meat Co., including special recipes created in collaboration with their chef, along with artisanal cheeses. Hosted at your private table, this wine tasting with charcuterie features multiple vintages of Jordan wines.
Does not include transportation or other travel expenses.. Good through 2021.
Wow your guests with an outdoor party at your home with Thyme Traveler Truck and a two-hour private show by Sinatra CLE.
Cleveland's 2020 Best New Restaurant is mobile! The Thyme Traveler brings Thyme Table to your neighborhood, or anywhere else you want.
Featuring some of the most popular dishes from the restaurant along with some true exclusives, there is something for everyone to love.
- Valid for events up to 100, and subject to availability. Good through 2021.
- Two-hour private show with Sinatra CLE. Includes three (3) band members. Must be scheduled for a mutually agreed upon date.
CWRU HoloLens for 6
Take five of your friends for an unforgettable virtual reality experience!
Developed in collaboration with experienced anatomy faculty, the HoloLens software gives 3D perspectives of every part of the body - offering views impossible through any other means.
Used at CWRU to teach human anatomy without a cadaver utilizing innovative 3D mixed-reality software.
Visualize anatomical structures, systems, and even the "difficult to see" anatomy such as the diaphragm, nervous and circulatory systems.
Engages learners to move, collaborate, and interact with one another. Students can freely pan in and out of the holograms, and interact with the anatomy more naturally.
Microsoft HoloLens supports the largest shared-group MR experiences available. Proven use of more than 98 Microsoft HoloLens headsets during a simultaneous session. No other VR or MR technology supports the scale of this magnitude.
Good through 2022. 13-years-old and above.
Experience and participate in imaging research programs at Case Western Reserve University aimed at finding cures for kids with genetic diseases!
1. Includes a private tour of our world-renowned imaging research facility and meeting with our imaging researchers to discuss current research projects and how these innovative imaging capabilities are being used to develop new therapies for genetic diseases.
2. If desired, up to two people in your group can volunteer to be an MRI research participant. The MRI scans are safe, radiation-free and only requires passing a safety screening questionnaire (no pacemaker, pregnancy, metal implants).
3. You will be able to view your images immediately and discuss how your images are absolutely critical in the process to help develop cures for genetic diseases.
4. The MRI scanner isolated environment and all COVID-19 protocols will be followed for your safety.
5. Visit to the lab will be scheduled in advance on a mutually agreed upon date.
6. Will require 1-3 hours of time for the tour and optional scanning session.
After you participate in the once-of-a-lifetime experience, enjoy dinner at the Capital Grille in Lyndhurst with a $150 gift card.
Enjoy a day on the farm in Amish Country, with a hands-on experience working with the beehives - possibly find the queen bee, locate worker bees, see stored pollen, nectar and honey. Care for our Belgian Draft horses, tour the farm, and finally enjoy lunch on the patio.
After your experience relax, reflect, retreat with a $500 gift card to The Inn at Honey Run!
About the Inn -
From the moment you arrive, you'll notice that there's just something different about our boutique resort in the heart of Northeast, Ohio. Nestled into the rolling hillsides of Amish Country, The Inn at Honey Run is an experience that will stay with you forever. We take pride in offering an adult-only, peaceful, serene, and completely private stay. We provide all of the conveniences of modern-day life while merging them with the simplicity and tranquility of yesteryear. Highlighted by 56 acres of breathtaking landscape, beautiful gardens, common areas with wood-burning fireplaces, several miles of walking trails, and an award-winning restaurant, The Inn is a one-of-a-kind retreat. Whether you're celebrating an anniversary, special occasion, or just treating yourself to a well-deserved vacation, our 39 well-appointed guest rooms, cottages, and earth-sheltered Honeycombs will accommodate your every need. The Inn is the perfect place to reconnect with a loved one, refocus your personal purpose, and find tranquility amongst nature.
Enjoy Patterson fruit farm with a tour, learn about the orchards, strawberries, festival area, and history. May use barn space for 60 people or sugarhouse space for 30 for a BBQ and bonfire.
Food not included, the month of September 5:30-8:30 pm suggested date/time. Also included is a 12-month gift pack, each month has a special treat including cider, pie, strawberries, and apples. Good through 2021.
Despite advances in understanding and treating genetic-based childhood illnesses, thousands of conditions still lack effective therapies. Today's technology offers the promise of dramatic improvements in the lives of millions of children worldwide who suffer from genetic-based diseases. To build on this potential, the institute is generating the needed funds to accelerate the rate of discoveries and their conversion to therapies.
- $10,000 Pre-clinical testing of drugs for a specific disease
- $5,000 Test 3,000 drugs for correcting a specific disease
- $2,500 Engineer lab-grown cells to reflect a genetic disease
- $1,250 Analyze 3 billion components of one person's genome to find disease-causing mutations
- $500 Analyze all 20,000 genes in the genome
- $250 One day's laboratory supply costs for one disease
Every $50 ticket wins a bottle of bourbon!
The average value of each bottle is $50.
The raffle will occur during the event.
The bottle(s) will be delivered post-event.
List of bottles:
- Baker's 7 Years Old - Emily Drumm
- Baker's 7 Years Old - David Buchner
- Blade and Bow Kentucky Straight - Robert Johnson
- Bulleit Rye - Anne Matthews
- Jefferson's Reserve Very Old Very Small Batch - Patrick Lynch
- Knob Creek Small Batch - Kim Gartner
- Middle West Straight Dark Pumpernickel Rye - Patrick Lynch
- New Riff Kentucky Straight - Katherine Tuggle
- New Riff Kentucky Straight - Kristen Windahl
- New Riff Single Barrel - Stan Gerson
- Old Forester 1897 - Kim Gartner
- Old Forester 1910 - Paul Longville
- Rabbit Hole Bourbon - Dwayne Bible
- Smooth Ambler Contradiction - Becky Sharp
- Western Reserve Small Batch - Anne Matthews
- Willett Pot Still Reserve - Brad Hughes
- W.L. Weller Antique - Stan Gerson