Trinity Services FAQs and Auction Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone participate in the Online Auction?
The auction is open to everyone 18 years and older. You must be 21 years and older to bid on any alcohol-related auction package. We encourage you to share the link with your family and friends. To participate in the auction, please register at https://better2gether.givesmart.com. Bidders will be responsible for paying immediately upon winning, and must cover shipping costs or coordinate pickup of their items from Trinity Services at 301 Veterans Pkwy, in New Lenox. Instructions will be sent to the winners after the auction closes.
May I pay by check or other methods of payment?
Upon registering, you will be asked to provide credit card information. Bidders will need to authorize their winning bid charges to that credit card immediately after the auction closes. Should you decide to change payment method to another card, this is the time to do it. Any remaining balances will be charged to your card on file on Monday, October 26, 2020. If you would like to pay by cash or check, please contact Paula Hanson at (815) 717-3750 or firstname.lastname@example.org by the close of business on Friday, October 23, 2020, so that your card does not get charged. Please make checks payable to Trinity Foundation and send to Trinity Services, Attn: Development Office, 301 Veterans Pkwy, New Lenox, IL, 60451.
How do I pick up my items or have them shipped to me?
To receive your items, payment must be received in order to coordinate delivery/pick-up of your item(s). Curbside pick-up of auction items is available for your safety, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Development Office at 301 Veterans Pkwy in New Lenox. Upon arrival for pick-up, please park in the front of the building and call us at (815)-717-3750. Someone from the development office will come and place the item in the trunk of your car for contactless pick-up. You may also pick-up your item(s) as early as 8:00 a.m. or before 5:30 p.m., but by appointment only so we can arrange to have your items at the reception desk in the lobby. Masks are required to enter the building. We will require a signature upon pick-up. Instructions will be sent to winners after the auction closes.
For delivery, we will add any shipping and handling costs to your balance on GiveSmart for you to authorize payment. Once we have received payment confirmation for the shipping costs, we will package the item and choose the mail carrier at our discretion. If you would like to add insurance for the shipment, please let us know and we will add the incremental charge to your GiveSmart card on file.
Can I still donate an item to the auction?
Thank you for your interest. We are no longer accepting auction item donations as of October 2nd for the 2020 auction. However, if you'd like to donate something for next year's event, we'd be most grateful.
How do I start and continue my bidding?
Browse the Silent Auction and start bidding on your favorite items! Place your bid on selected items, set a maximum bid if desired, and GiveSmart will continue to keep you in the running until you reach your maximum bid.
How can I keep active and know if I am outbid or have won an item?
You will be notified via text if you have been outbid. Keep an eye on your favorite items! If you are NOT receiving the text messages, make sure you have the correct mobile number under your profile. The texts will continue to notify you when you have been outbid or reached your maximum bid. When the silent auction closes, you will also receive a text message if you won any items.
I've mistakenly entered a higher bid amount than I intended. What do I do?
If you have accidentally entered $1,000 when you meant to enter $100, for example, please send a message to please call (815) 627-6536 and we will correct it for you during the event.
I'm having difficulties using GiveSmart. Are there steps I can follow to make sure I'm able to bid?
Please see GiveSmart video and information below to view instructions for registering and making auction bids.
Thank you for your support of Trinity Services' "Better Together" Virtual Gala. For all other questions, please Trinity's Development Office prior to the event at (815) 717-3750 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. M-F, or call (815) 627-6536 during the event.
- All winning bids are final.
- There will be no exchange or refund on items.
- Please make payments in full by Monday, October 26, 2020.
- Your item(s) must be paid in full prior to arranging pick-up or shipping. You will receive a text upon the closing of the auction regarding auction item pick-up. If we have not heard from you about your preference within the week following the closing of the auction, we will contact you regarding your preference for curbside pick-up or delivery.
- Curbside pick-up of auction items is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Development Office at 301 Veterans Pkwy in New Lenox. You may also pick up your item(s) as early as 8:00 a.m. or before 5:30 p.m., but by appointment only so that we can arrange to have your items at the reception desk in the lobby. Masks are required to enter the building. We will require a signature upon pick-up. Instructions will be sent to winners after the auction closes.
- For delivery, we will add any shipping and handling costs to your balance on GiveSmart for you to authorize payment. Once we have received payment confirmation for the shipping costs, we will package the item and choose the mail carrier at our discretion. If you would like to add insurance for the shipment, please let us know.
- Please carefully check your items upon pick-up and delivery.
- Trinity Services is not responsible for replacing gift certificates lost after pick up or delivery.
- Trinity Services is under no obligation to extend, modify or change items or restrictions on item certificates. Please pay careful attention to all conditions, restrictions and expiration dates on items and services.
- Unless otherwise stated, gift certificates exclude alcohol, tax and gratuity.
- All gift card usage is the responsibility of the buyer.
- Although the gift card and amount is currently valid, Trinity Services cannot be held responsible for unused gift cards at businesses that may cease to operate prior to the expiration date.
- Trinity Services has endeavored to catalogue and describe the auction items correctly, but all items are sold "as is."
- No statements contained in the program or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed a warranty, representation or assumption of liability.
- Trinity Services reserves the right to withdraw any item from sale.
THANK YOU FOR BIDDING!