Clay Arts Las Vegas: Drop In Pottery Class - A One Day Clay Experience
The winner of this package will receive a certificate for a Drop In Pottery Class from Clay Arts Las Vegas.
Drop in class is designed as a test drive for those interested in trying out a pottery class for the first time. You can take a class in Wheel Throwing or in Hand Building.
Beginning Wheel Throwing classes focus on the primary skill of working on the potter's wheel. These skills are centering clay, learning to control this spinning long to raise the walls in both a vertical matter to form a mug, and pulling it out to form bowl shapes. Completing these forms requires another skill that is explored, and that is trimming.
. Hand building explores many popular methods of clay forming including slab building, pinch pots, and building with coils. By touching and forming clay with these simple unaided methods, you learn the fundamentals of joining clay into cohesive forms. Our hand-building class is open to beginning and continuing students. When we present a specific technique, such as 'soft slab' work, we introduce it with a specific project that teaches the skills needed for that type of work. As you begin to develop your skills, you are able to bring your ideas to fruition.
Work created in class, you may choice to fire and glaze at an additional cost. Clay and tools are included.
- Expires 1/31/2021
- Please note classes for ages 16 and up. You will need to schedule your class in advance.
- Limit two classes per person
Read the Distribution Policy Before You Win - Highlights Below:
- A $3 handling fee will be added to each winning bid. *Not to exceed $25 per winner.
- ALL items will be shipped. Shipment will begin on Monday, July 27, 2020
- *Exception: Time-sensitive auction items*
- All shipped packages will be at winner's expense per the NVPR Distribution Policy. Some exceptions may apply. Please read the complete policy for full details.
100% of your winning bid is re-invested in Nevada Public Radio.
Donated By Clay Arts Vegas