See's Candies: $150 worth of See's Candies!
The winner of this package will receive $150 worth of See's Candies all-time classics delivered right to your door! Think Nuts & Chews, Peanut Brittle, Toffee-ettes, and more from See's Candies
Mary See is more than just the iconic face on a box of See's Candies! Born Mary Wiseman in Ontario, Canada in 1854, she married Alexander See at age 20. They had three children-Charles, May, and Bertha-and ran a hotel together on Tremont Park Island. While helping to run the hotel, Mary developed her own homemade candy recipes. After Mary's husband passed away in 1919, her son Charles suggested that she move to sunny California with him and his wife. There, Charles planned to start his own candy company, selling sweets made from his mother's recipes.
They settled in Pasadena, CA in a post-Victorian bungalow. Mary made candy in the bungalow's black-and-white kitchen. When Charles opened the first See's Candies shop in Los Angeles, he chose the now-iconic checkerboard theme inspired by this kitchen.
Mary took pride in her homemade candy, using only the finest and freshest ingredients-a tradition continued by See's to this day. In fact, some of our candies are still made using Mary's very own original recipes, including Peanut Brittle, Victoria Toffee, and Chocolate Walnut Fudge.
- Expires: Our chocolates and candies are made fresh without added preservatives. Therefore we recommend consuming within 90 days of receiving
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic there are safety and health guidelines for many business establishments here in the state of Nevada. For more information please visit: Nevada Health Response website.
Read the Distribution Policy Before You Win - Highlights Below:
- A $3 handling fee will be added to each winning bid. *Not to exceed $25 per winner.
- ALL items will be shipped. Shipment will begin on Monday, July 27, 2020
- *Exception: Time-sensitive auction items*
- All shipped packages will be at winner's expense per the NVPR Distribution Policy. Some exceptions may apply. Please read the complete policy for full details.
100% of your winning bid is re-invested in Nevada Public Radio.