Catalina Weekend Getaway on the Iconic Body Glove Boat 'Disappearance'
Leave all the hustle and bustle behind and enjoy a slower pace of life, the island life. Whether it's your first or fiftieth visit, Catalina Island's rich, storied history and unique charm keeps people coming back time and time again.
Your weekend begins cruising from Redondo Beach to Catalina aboard the Disappearance, locally known as The Body Glove Boat, where you can explore the island by land and sea. The Disappearance will be moored in Isthmus, conveniently located near Two Harbors, a rustic village that sits on a narrow strip of land that separates Isthmus Cove on the leeward side of the island from Catalina Harbor on the windward side. During your weekend getaway, you can enjoy snorkeling, paddle boarding, local fishing, sightseeing, hiking, and exploring the island.
The recently renovated iconic 72' yacht includes three bedrooms (one master and two bunk rooms) as well as additional sleeping options in the form of day beds and couches. A top deck living area complete with gas fire pit is the perfect spot for happy hour sunsets. A new dinghy with electric motor is available to transport guests to shore for sightseeing and dining. And, for those who want to test their skills at the local fishing spots, a 250-gallon live bait tank is also on-board.
The winning bidder will experience island hospitality and receive the following:
- Three-day, two-night trip aboard the Disappearance with certified USCG 100-ton licensed Captain
- Assistance with itinerary planning to make the most of the weekend
Graciously Donated By:
Rachel & Brian Disser
Susan & Randy Meistrell
Cindy & George Loren
- Valid until May 30, 2021.
- Arrangements for voyage must be mutually-agreed-upon dates and based on availability.
- The boat is ideal for 3-4 couples or 2 families with kids. Maximum sleeping for adults is 8 and maximum sleeping for families is 6 adults with 6 kids on couches.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver and bareboat contract prior to the trip.
- Winning bidder is responsible for all food and beverage. The Disappearance includes a full kitchen, freezer, 36 bottle wine cooler, YETI 350 cooler, and Traeger electric grill for meal preparation.
Auction Disclosure: All auction items will be charged to the credit card on file at the close of the Manhattan Wine Auction on May 30, 2020. All auction items will be available for curbside pickup Monday, June 8th - Friday, June 12th from 9am to 4pm at the MBEF Office in the MBUSD District Office at 325 S. Peck Avenue in Manhattan Beach. We will send an email to you the week of June 1 outlining the curbside pickup process to allow for social distancing. Shipping is not available. All gift cards, travel and experiences expire May 30, 2021 unless otherwise noted.
Donated By Rachel & Brian Disser, Susan & Randy Meistrell, Cindy & George Loren