· Annual estimates of suicide attempts among young people, ages 15 to 24, surpass 1 million in the US
· One attempt every three minutes, 500 hundred attempts daily and a completed suicide every 90 minutes
· The youth suicide death toll is climbing, giving Colorado one of the highest suicide rates in the nation
· Suicide is the leading cause of death among ages 10-24
· In the past four years, student suicide reports have jumped more than 400%
· Colorado's suicide rate is nearly twice the national average
Who We Are: Positive Presence Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to the awareness and prevention of teenage suicide in Colorado. We provide full paid scholarships to vetted local teenagers in crisis to attend an 8-month life-changing and life-saving confidence coaching program through Positive Presence Global.
Through this exclusive program, teenagers can learn the life skills needed to sustain our ever-changing and challenging society. These classes include one-on-one coaching in emotional intelligence, self-confidence, positive body image, ethics, morals & values, health & fitness, styling and more.
Our Mission: We believe it is the social responsibility of our entire community to unite against this statewide epidemic. It is our mission to use these scholarships to help eradicate insignificance mitigate teenage suicide, depression, and anxiety.
Our Vision: We envision the next generation of light-leaders empowered by self-acceptance, self-love, and self-awareness. We foresee a world where teenagers & young adults can successfully & independently work through the stress related to our demanding society. When we enrich, empower and inspire individuals - they not only find their ABILITY to change the world around them but also FOREVER CHANGE the course of history for us ALL!