1. All auction sales are final and binding at the hammer price.
2. No refunds or exchanges will be given, nor will the cash value of any gift certificate be refunded.
3. Any and all applicable government taxes or other fees are the responsibility of the buyer.
4. All auction prizes expire on the date stated on the printed program and/or bidder receipt or one year after the auction, if no date is noted.
5. Unless otherwise specified, the dates and times of delivery of an auction prize will be arranged at the mutual convenience of the donor and the buyer.
6. The Near & Far Aid Association, Inc. and Mitchells of Westport provide no guarantees, warranties or servicing of auction items and are not liable for any personal injury or damage to property that may result from the use of the item or service sold. Each person bidding assumes all responsibilities related to the auction and items obtained at the auction and agrees to hold Near & Far Aid and Mitchells of Westport harmless from any liability.
7. Neither the Near & Far Aid Association, Mitchells of Westport nor the donor of any prize is responsible for personal injuries or damages to property that may result from use of a prize.
8. A receipt stating the purchase will be provided to all auction prize buyers.
9. Payment for auction purchases must be made through credit card orpersonal check. We cannot accept checks from Donor Advised Funds to satisfy these purchases.
HOW TO BID AT SILENT AUCTION
1. All Silent Auction Bidding will be conducted online or via smartphone at the event.
2. All Silent Auction bids are binding.
3. Borrowed bidding devices must be returned at the end of the evening.
HOW TO BID AT LIVE AUCTION
1. Event Programs, with personal bid numbers on the back, will be distributed to each attendee at the registration desk. This booklet will serve as your personal auction paddle.
2. To bid on a live auction item, raise your catalogue to display your personal bid number.
3. Raised catalogues recognized by the auctioneer are entered as bids.
4. All Bids are considered a binding commitment to purchase.
5. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid that, in the opinion of the auctioneer, is not commensurate with the value of the item offered.
6. The auctioneer will have the discretion to determine the winning bidder.
7. The auctioneer will have discretion to re-offer or re-sell any auction prize.
8. The donor of an auction item may donate a duplicate prize for sale to the underbidder. The price for this duplicate auction item will be the hammer price of the original item.