A one-hour Shiatsu massage session with Ivy West at Alight Studio in Minneapolis, MN.
A great gift for our Minneapolis friends!
- Shiatsu massage restores the vital energy of the body also known as Qi.
- Shiatsu treats pain by unblocking of muscles and energy channels.
- Soothing, kneading, tapping and stretching techniques promote feelings of relaxation, restoration, and ease.
- Clients wear light clothing and lie on a low table designed for Shiatsu.
- A Shiatsu massage can easily fit into your day and make a positive impact on your wellness.
Ivy West co-founded Alight Shiatsu in 2001. She has provided high-quality bodywork massage to clients in the North Loop and beyond for eighteen years. She is a nationally certified diplomate of Asian Bodywork Therapy (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine).
Her pursuit of the Asian healing arts began with the study of T'ai Chi, a gentle Chinese martial art in 1997. She completed her professional Shiatsu training in 2000 at the then Minnesota Center for Shiatsu Therapy (Centerpoint). Since then, she has continued to study shiatsu and traditioAsiansian medicine across the United States and Asia. Highlights include receiving shiatsu at the Namikoshi Shiatsu School in Tokyo, studying traditional Thai massage in Chiang Mai, Thailand and continuing to study and practice with Dr. Doan Kaneko, one the founders of Shiatsu as we know it in the United States.
As a former competitive swimmer, she enjoys learning new sports like cross country skiing and tennis (neither competitively) and loves doing yoga. She has two children, a husband and a dog.
Compassion for the complex creatures that we all are is at the center of her practice.
Donated By Alight Studio - Shiatsu Massage